Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has tried it.The 180 look pretty tight but since I chopped the frameI'dlike alittle more width out back.

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
My question is why? Don't fall into the fat tire fashion. It won't give you any more stability, just a a bigger arse. It will make it harder to turn in and less flixable, which means less fun to ride.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i've ridden bikes w/ 180s and 190s. it really makes very little difference (turn in), so i'm doing it to add a little width to the arse. yes, aesthetics only, but it's not like i'm trying to squeeze in a 250. we're only talking about maybe a half inch here, plus i have one left over from my S4 and that was it's stock size...

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
But it was a 6 inch wheel right? I agree that it's a mistake to put a 190 on a 5.5 inch wheel, but if we all agreed, then we'd all drive the same boring bike...

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
shalbleib said:
i've ridden bikes w/ 180s and 190s. it really makes very little difference (turn in), so i'm doing it to add a little width to the arse. yes, aesthetics only, but it's not like i'm trying to squeeze in a 250. we're only talking about maybe a half inch here, plus i have one left over from my S4 and that was it's stock size...
But have you ridden the SAME bike with a 180 and then a 190 shoehorned on the smaller rim?

Sorry... not answering the question. If you have the tire laying around and aren't concerned with handling differeneces why not try it?

·
Banned
1,620 Posts
I have a 190 on a 5.75 carbon wheel on my S4R with Arrow pipes. The 190 seems to last longer on my bike and does not slow the handling down one bit. If the tire gets low on air it will contact the cans when you push it hard in the turns.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts