Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
check out this monster:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=49988&item=2431816088

First of all, the guy has the mickey mouse mirrors plus a bar end on one side. Never seen that before. He claims it's in absolutely perfect condition, only 631 miles. Then I see a few scratches on the right side of the tank in the second picture. I didn't know "perfect" had so much room for interpretation.

Get down to the fourth picture, and now the scratches are on the left. But wait, now the chain is on the right! So is the sidestand... whoa, this bike is ambidextrous.

"its never even been washed!, just thoroughly cleaned after each ride."

Yeah, that makes sense...

A

·
0 Posts
I noticed that dent too while I was (IMPATIENTLY) waiting for the pics to load. Why do people put such large pics on ebay?! It takes forever for them to load and then you end up changing your mind to buy the thing cuz they TAKE TOO LONG! ;) Yeah..I wouldn't say that it is in perfect condition either. :-/ Wait..was that the $40,000 Monster that was listed earlier? lol ;D I was thinking that maybe he put the Mickey's back on to show the buyer that he still had them. If that isn't the case, then it looked really bad. :'(

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
"The bike has high mount Leo Vincci Exhaust pipes"

Thos don't look like high mounts to me... But hey, let me have another beer or two and suuuuuureee.....

Placing my bid right now. Max=$45,000 ;D

M

·
0 Posts
Looks like a rip off listing. Plenty of those floating around on eBay. Whatever description that was, it sure as heck wasn't for the bike in the photos...photos they probably pulled off some other place.

There are a lot of scams running on eBay these days....a lot are coming out of Spain....buyers are using really high quality counterfeit money orders that banks will even accept and then reject a few days later once they discover its a fraud....by then you've sent off the item

Now a lot of scammers have realized most US based buyers won't do business with off-shore sellers so they are setting up dummy domestic US fronts....

it isn't hard to dummy up a bunch of feedbacks (eBay references/seller-buyer histories)....read the feedback reviews for your seller's transactions.... and THEN review the feedback data for the people that leave feedback for your seller/scammer....

for instance here's the feedback profile from one of this miracle Monster seller's previous "happy customers".....

http://cgi2.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=restaurant.com

interesting to put together the pieces if you have time to waste...

M

·
0 Posts
Mail exchange with seller below....odd....as his auction ends on Monday and his reserve is already met by someone else....??...and yeah I have time to waste its friggin raining
all weekend

Subj: RE: Question for seller -- Item #2431816088
Date: 9/14/2003 11:22:38 AM Eastern Daylight Time

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
It's also said to be a 2000 750 i.e. -- 2000 750 have carbs. It almost reads like a troll ;D

p.s. it's also missing a passenger foot peg

M

·
0 Posts
Actually, I think this guy is legit

but seriously clueless or selling the bike for someone else in his company....

but then again Cook-Inlet is an energy trading company....like Enron sorta.....

great annual-outing photos on their company web page...he's in the IT Department

I think I need a back-up hobby

X

·
0 Posts
has a european tag mount also.. might be a grey market bike with no PORPER US title. Just what I saw in the pic...and that dent looks familiar.....looks like the two I have had in my bike? Do they always fall on the left side??

1 - 16 of 16 Posts