Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
Likely, the S4 uses similar throttle bodies as superbikes, which I assume is different size/shape than for 2V efi.

I'm half tempted to buy it to see if I can "prove" their claims. Their text seems a little over the top hyperbole to me.

G

·
the s4 already has velocity stacks. why take 'em off to have a different design?

i turned down the "horn" end of the stock stack to install pod filters i picked up from ca-cycleworks.com. the pods i used are listed as for use on FCR's or carb'd bikes. $82 and a bit of work on the stock stacks vs $300 for that "beast" kit. so what did i do with the $200+ i saved? got a nichols flywheel. sweeet...

btw... not to nitpick, but that kit's not an "airbox". the airbox is what you'd remove from the bike to install that kit.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the s4 already has velocity stacks. why take 'em off to have a different design?

i turned down the "horn" end of the stock stack to install pod filters i picked up from ca-cycleworks.com. the pods i used are listed as for use on FCR's or carb'd bikes. $82 and a bit of work on the stock stacks vs $300 for that "beast" kit. so what did i do with the $200+ i saved? got a nichols flywheel. sweeet...

btw... not to nitpick, but that kit's not an "airbox". the airbox is what you'd remove from the bike to install that kit.
S4
Not nitpicking, call them as you see them - I really meant to say Airbox replacement.

BTW can you expand on your setup, do you have some pics? I like looking under the tank and not seeing thte"AIRBOX" ;D

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
Their text seems a little over the top hyperbole to me.
I would use the word "BULLSH!T". But that's just me... ;D

Remember, this is the guy who doesn't understand the relationship between altitude and horsepower:

http://speedzilla.zeroforum.com/zerothread?id=18318

Honestly, I have trouble reading any of TPO's descriptions without cracking up...until I get to the price.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sure... here's a pic from above with the tank removed:

http://www.ducatipipemod.com/s4/pics/rebuild/071103.2.jpg

and another from the side:

http://www.ducatipipemod.com/s4/pics/rebuild/071103.4.jpg

i oughta take some measurements and pics of the stacks to show how much to grind 'em down for proper fitment of the pods. someday before springtime. it's too COLD to go venture in the garage (my poor bike's chattering in there...)
This is looks like what I would want to do for my first mod, post purchase.

Keep me posted...thanks

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
Man, you guys gave ol' TPO a hard time! Why so rough on the guy? That was like reliving a "bar fight' on a message board ;D. It is pretty cool how you guys stick together.

Of course, it pisses me off that his emissions mod kit cost so much. When I was still really green, I emailed him about what was in there that cost so much. I thought I hadn't done something right. (Thanks for the free how-to Strati.)

Honestly, if I ever say something dumb and don't know it, I hope ya'll don't flog me!

chris
I believe there is a very big difference between your saying "something dumb and don't know it", and a vendor shamelessly exaggerating the benefits of a product in an effort to take advantage of the naive.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts