Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed a few of you own more than one Monster (e.g M800 & M1000DS) and wonder why would one do this. Are the differences so great that two Monsters can be justified?

I figured a Superbike and a Monster would be perfect. :)

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I promised my wife Id try to sell my '99 748 after I bought my '01 M900 Cromo. So if you know anybody that interested , its got JHP CF slip ons, chip, vented clutch cover and new Avon tires. Id like to get about $120,000 for it.... >:D

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
1 Black, 1 Silver for a short time.

Only 1 black now.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
rgramjet said:
I promised my wife Id try to sell my '99 748 after I bought my '01 M900 Cromo. So if you know anybody that interested , its got JHP CF slip ons, chip, vented clutch cover and new Avon tires. Id like to get about $120,000 for it.... >:D
hahah I pull the same crap "man I dunno, I thought for sure someone woulda bought it by now, but the only offers *we* got were so low *we'd* be loosing money and that's not fair to *us*" hahahaha GTFO here!!

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
gordazo said:
Why not? Do you have one pair of shoes? ;)
Nice try on the analogy. ;) Everyone has more than a pair of shoes but who needs two pairs of dress boots or two pairs of flip-flops?

I think the question is being missed here - Why two "Monsters"? MANY of us have a multi-bike garage - but why two if "essentially the same" bike? Why not a Monster and "enter other bike here"...?

I guess a better analogy is: "One can't have too many blondes"? [laugh]

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Rick T. said:
I beg to differ. A bike has emotional value too.
Plus you are not gonna spend as much modding your "blondes" even though you could. ;D

See, some of us spent thousands making our monsters OURS.
They are what we make them, and we love them.
So no two monsters are alike once they leave the showroom.

I guess that's a better answer.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I'd like to have two Ducs because that would make me twice as dedicated.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Mother said:
I have two nostrils

They both look the same and do the same thing

I figure it is just the way (insert religious figure here) intended it to be.
It's a religion with which I'm unfamiliar that has ritual insertion of effigies into your nostrils. ;)

Two Monsters are MUCH easier to mange than two <any color(s)> women, not that I've tried two Monsters at once.

The original shoes analogy was better than it was received, because two Monsters doesn't mean two pair of dress boots. It could be a pair of REALLY comfortable casual boots (the older, probably more modded Monster) and a pair of newer shoes for the office, nights out, whatever (an S4RS, with only minimal, obligatory, mods). You like the new bikes features, plus it's just newer, but the older bike has a lot of "you" in it, and its's still such a pleasure to ride.

BTW, I prefer redheads, even though my Monster is yellow. Maybe a Red 1000S to keep it company.

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
iBike said:
It's a religion with which I'm unfamiliar that has ritual insertion of effigies into your nostrils. ;)

Two Monsters are MUCH easier to mange than two <any color(s)> women, not that I've tried two Monsters at once.

The original shoes analogy was better than it was received, because two Monsters doesn't mean two pair of dress boots. It could be a pair of REALLY comfortable casual boots (the older, probably more modded Monster) and a pair of newer shoes for the office, nights out, whatever (an S4RS, with only minimal, obligatory, mods). You like the new bikes features, plus it's just newer, but the older bike has a lot of "you" in it, and its's still such a pleasure to ride.

BTW, I prefer redheads, even though my Monster is yellow. Maybe a Red 1000S to keep it company.
Best explanation yet. [thumbsup] Nice!

·
Registered
102 Posts
My contention, is if you have the $$ why stop at two?

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Rick T. said:
Nice try on the analogy. ;) Everyone has more than a pair of shoes but who needs two pairs of dress boots or two pairs of flip-flops?

I think the question is being missed here - Why two "Monsters"? MANY of us have a multi-bike garage - but why two if "essentially the same" bike? Why not a Monster and "enter other bike here"...?

i know my girl has atleast 7 pairs of flipflops, and about 4 pairs of dress boots. i think the analogy fits fine.

and based on this analogy...i think i need atleast 6 more monsters 8)

as for the too many blondes? i'll stick with one...i don't think i could handle anymore of them [laugh]

G

·
One m944 with clip-ons and rearsets for sporty riding (and mods!), one m750 with a stock seating position for commuting and getting rained on.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts