Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I emailed power commander about which model number was for the 02 monster 900. I did not see a listing for the 02 monster.

The reply was this. " The 2002 M900 was unique. We do not offer a unit for this one year only model".

Does anyone know what makes the 02 unique. I thought the commputer was the same as the newer monsters.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
Re: Why no Power commander for 02

I know the 01 had a ECU with removable chip. I think that the 02 was not. You could look for a 01 unit and get a chip burned.

G

·
Discussion Starter #5

Try Ferracci, they had a PC3 for my wifes 02 620, which Dyna Jet doesn't make either. ;D

G

·
Discussion Starter #6

they don't list a PCIII for the '02 because they didn't get their hands on one to play with.
that doesn't mean a PCIII marketted toward another bike won't work just fine. the PCIII for other monsters works by hooking into the injectors and the throttle position sensor. all '02 duc's have the marelli 5.9 ECU. now... comparing the spare parts sheets for the m900 from '02 and the m1000 from '03, you can see that the two bikes share the same injectors and throttle position sensor. this means that while non of the provided maps for the m1000 are guaranteed to apply to the m900, the actual PCIII for the '03 m1000 should work just fine on the '02 m900. you'll just have to come up with your own mapping:

http://www.powercommander.com/717-411.shtml

fwiw, i ordered my own PCIII from www.kyleusa.com. great prices and good service.

·
Registered
366 Posts

FWIW, Ultimap 5.9 is a fair bit cheaper than a PCIII. Somewhere around $180 USD.

G

·
Discussion Starter #8

FWIW, Ultimap 5.9 is a fair bit cheaper than a PCIII. Somewhere around $180 USD.
whoa! i think you're thinking of a different thing. the UltiMap replacement ECU (U59) is around $600. UltiMap's replacement EEPROMS for earlier model years is probably what you've got in mind.

G

·
Discussion Starter #9

Red-Duc, I met with DynoJet personnel last fall, and that was the answer I got- not enough market for a one year model. I ride an 02 900, I sell Power Commanders, I was told that if a person were persistent enough he could get one custom made. The hangup from DJ is getting the factory connectors, after that it's easy. On the other side- I put a set of DP/Remus high carbon cans on mine, and the bike runs great with no other mods, no PC.

·
Registered
366 Posts

whoa! i think you're thinking of a different thing. the UltiMap replacement ECU (U59) is around $600. UltiMap's replacement EEPROMS for earlier model years is probably what you've got in mind.
My bad. Strati is right. The Ultimap ECU for a 2 cyl Monster should be around $450USD/595AUD.

G

·
Discussion Starter #11

I just checked the Ferracci site, they got them for $329 ;D

G

·
Discussion Starter #12

kyleusa.com has them for $279. but if FBF provides a map, it could be worth the difference in price.

G

·
Discussion Starter #13

If Dynojet doesnt have a number for them, chances are kyleusa and where-ever else will sell you one that "might" work from a diffren't year/ model ect.. Whats was nice when I ordered my wifes for her 02 620 (no Dynojet PN either) they (Ferracci) gaurenteed it to work.
And personally, it was worth the extra $40, to not have to dink with it ;D

G

·
Discussion Starter #14

Thanks everyone for your help. Now I have some options to explore if I'm not happy with how the bike performs when I get slipons.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts