Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 2000 900. This is my 5 bike, but first ducati. What can i do about it? you would think for the amount of $$$ ducatis cost, you'd get at least a half-way decent suspension set-up. The rear isnt nearly as bad as the front though.

any ideas?

Thanks!

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am assuming it's not new, so don't blame Ducahtee too much yet.
Ditto on previous post, what's da problemo?

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For what it is worth....

I had heard that the monster I have (620 dark) comes from the factory set up for a rider roughly in the 150lbs range. I am 6'2" and 200lbs plus gear. The bike felt very 'soft' and bounced alot even on semi-normal roads, nevermind the bumpier ones. At my first service I had the front springs and rear spring replaced. The difference was amazing, the bike felt much more firm and planted while riding and in the turns. I feel much more secure and safe on the bike now that it is set up for my weight.

I don't know if that will make a diff for you or not, but just passing along what worked for me and my bike.

best of luck.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
did you buy a base 900 or did you pick up the 900s... i believe the specials came with adjustable showa's while the base monster had non-adjustable showa's.

'bout the only thing you can do with the non-adjustable is change the spring and oil... no compression or rebound adjustments... and no easy way to adjust pre-load without shimming or swapping the spring. if you've got the 25mm front axle you could probably find a set of used sbk forks for some change to provide compression, rebound, and preload adjustability. may have to bore out the upper triple and shim the lower to get 'em to mount up properly. i ditched the 41mm nonadjustable marzocchi's on my 900ss for a set of 43mm adjustable showa's from a 916.... night and day difference afterwards.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts