Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike has the same exact problem as another bike that discussed the problem under mods section. I know what the problem is and I just want it back but instead of ordering the ECU which is the prob they are first going to order me a new wiring harness and install it because the first one was a fine piece of work. So this now adds an axtra week just waiting for parts because the tech didn't call any other shops to ask about the problem or look elsewhere for advice.. I even told them exactly what I had done and what the problem most likely was. But if they dig much further I might end up with a completely new electrical system. Oh well just venting beacause I have been without a bike for more than 7 days and without my monster for a month and a half :'( just venting...At least they are waranting everything this is a big plus!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Yeah, it can be very frustrating working with the dealerships sometimes. My buddy's S4 has been in the shop for a month waiting on a stupid cylinder base gasket! I called two other dealers in the area and found the part in stock. Do you think the dealer that has the bike bothered to call around to find the gasket when Ducati couldn't get it to them promptly? H&*# no! I'm a parts tech for Nissan and if we don't have something we call every dealer in the area to locate it. If a part is back-ordered we do a national locate and buy it from clear across the country if necessary. This is what it takes to keep customers satisfied and confident and coming back. In the auto industry we call it C.S.I. - Consumer Satisfaction Index - and we live and die by it. Unfortunately, it seems like the motorcycle dealerships (mostly anyway) are still stuck in the stone age when it comes to such things. They are oblivious to the changes in their customer base and his/her needs. This is not the laid back old days. People expect more and get more in their everyday business experiences, so it is high time the motorcycle industry step up and enter the 21st century and start pleasing their customers. Nice rant, eh?

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
They probably do look here, but they would never admit that here is a common problem with a specific model, for legal reasons.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts