Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
In England there used to be groups that would meet at a cafe to eat/ have coffee whatever, and then they would pick another cafe and race to it. whoever got there last had to buy sticky buns for everyone.
I dont know how true this is, but I remember seeing something about it on the History channel.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Of all the Cafe's the Ace Cafe was the most famous. They would also mark out a course to and from the various cafe's and the idea was to put a record on the juke box and jump on your bike and run the course making it back to the cafe' before the song was over...Record Racing.

http://www.ace-cafe-london.com/

·
Registered
400 Posts
In England there used to be groups that would meet at a cafe to eat/ have coffee whatever, and then they would pick another cafe and race to it. whoever got there last had to buy sticky buns for everyone.
I dont know how true this is, but I remember seeing something about it on the History channel.
It's true. Also, the young lads, back in the day, would modify their bikes (sound familiar? ;)) to emulate the production racers of the times. Hence clip-ons, clubman's, rearsets, Thruxton saddles, etc. Must have been a blast hanging out at the cafes in those days. ;D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts