Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone up? I hear some folks from OC are coming down. Are we gonna extend the local hospitality?

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
I'm in.

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
I got all day. Not sure which bike to ride. Just put belts on the Gran Canyon, belts and valve shims on Il Bostro Mostro, and the 748 is feelin neglected. The wife is workin all day and her 620 needs love ,too. What ya got in mind , who's comin to dinner from The OC?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bring the 748! Looks like Zaen from OC right now so why not make it a North County Day. We could do the 79 from Temecula all the way back to Lake Heneshaw or really go for it and go 79 to the 371( did I mention this is an awesome road?) to Palm Desert to Idywild to Hemet then home. Or we could just do the norm(yawn) and do Palomar. I vote for the former.

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
I have been wanting to do the Idylwild ride, do you know the road?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Idylwild up from us is easy. 215 to Hemet then straight up. I've ridin it, but you'd be bored following me. Up to the top then back down but I do know a more interesting way! 79 to Anza then north will provide a much more interesting route.

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
I'm game, I won't be bored followin. I have already done 2 Level 2 traffic schools and beat another ticket in court, so I need to be calm until my 18 months runs out.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not sure on the time yet. When Troy chimes in we can figure that out. We could meet in Hemet. You would have to come down the 215 to the 74 which will take you out to Hemet.It's a lot of highway driving but the end is worth it. Gorgeous views and a great road. I would like to make it early so we can get a good ride in.

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
I'm Ok for morning, will probably take the Gran Canyon. It has a mount for a radar detector and much mor comfy for the slab part of thr ride. It's getting new rubber next week and needs the sides worn down some more.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Troy, you and I could meet at the Mobil station at 8:00 then blast up to Hemet. That should put us in Hemet by 9:00. Zaen, there is an In and Out about a mile into town (Hemet) it is on your right as you come into town. Is 9:00Am good for you?

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
Mobil, next to Nessie Burgers? Time is OK. I sent Ducman a PM to see if he is up, as we will go right by him.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yeah , that one. I've been waiting for John to speak up. What do you say Ducman? Wanna try our New Year ride again? Should be warmer this time.

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
DUCMAN WROTE:I saw that. Although if you start down by Pechanga and work 79 towards Banning you get abit more twisty time and less Slab.

I cant be availible until after 12:00. Church and stuff. If that works out I can be there.

Troy said:
I got the canyon with the trunk or my tank bag, if someone wants to bring layers and shed em later, thats OK, I'll haul em
Maybe we can hook up with Ducman later on way back, I don't have a cell phone, though.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts