Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put mine up on the stand and will do some winterizing prep this weekend. Anyone still riding?

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
I'm still riding down in Vancouver WA, about once a week; short rides to of 15-30 minutes, mostly to keep the battery charged...

scooby ;D

·
Registered
166 Posts
dj are you woosin out on me? I just got back from riding into bellevue to barrier volvo to pick up an extra key for the new car for the wife and then over to eastside to get some stuff that I had on layaway for her christmas presant's .I'm not going to stop riding as long as I have to pay for insurance all year round on the bike. I agree it get's chilly fast after the sun goes down but hopfully I only have to ride a short distance.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Unfortunately, I've given up riding for the next few months, I've dropped the insurance to comprehensive only, until next riding season. It's not so much an issue of the weather, here in Central Oregon, there are still lots of days that I could nut up and ride in the chilly weather, but it's the damn gravel that they put on the roads here. I swear that as soon as there is a potential for snow, they put about 3/4" of gravel on the roads, and I'm not talking about sand......gravel :mad:. It irritates me to no end to see the state wasting time and money to gravel the roads that aren't slick :mad:. So to avoid damage to myself (crashing) and the motorcycle (crashing, and rock chips), I've put the Monster away until March or April :(.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Still riding in downtown Seattle. If the weather is particularly crappy (pouring rain), though, I leave it parked.

Jim

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dj are you woosin out on me?
Yep, afraid so. :eek:

I'm tearing my girl apart for some much needed TLC. Got the whole rear end taken apart, and going to pull the Alternator cover this weekend and replace the seal, etc etc etc... ;D

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
I can't seem to stay off of mine. All I need is a break in the clouds and some mostly dry pavement and I'm on it.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Green98gt Please don't tell me you bought the blue one from eastside. I about drooled all over the thing when I went there awhile ago and the last time I was in it was gone .If you did you might as well come over and drive that knife into my back as your killing me ;D. Sorry to hear about your problem's If something was posted I would have directed you to my friend as he has given other people on the board some good deal's after I've sent them in.

G

·
I'm still riding, but my battery died after sitting for two weeks. Just bought a battery tender and I'm hoping it's ready tomorrow morning.

I commute whenever I get the chance and even took i-90 home so I could do Mercer Island a couple weeks ago. I thought Mercer was sweet on my road bike... then I took the monsta around it. ;D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts