Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couple vendors on the net selling the Givi T432 tank bag for around $100, never dealt w/ any of them. Where do you guys get yours?
Thanks alot!
J.P.

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
What a coincidence. I've been trying since Sept to get my hands on that bag. Originally my wife ordered it for my from Atlanta Cycle way back in Sept. After a few months of waiting they never did get a hold of one, so we cancelled the order. I checked with newenough.com hard parts department since I've ordered from them before. They said that they will be carry Givi soon, but don't know when exactly. Finally, I just today emailed Cycle Stuff about ordering the bag since they offer free shipping on their products. Unfortunately, they do not ship to hawaii at all (which probably isn't an issue for you).

Let me know if you find somewhere good to order it from or if you find a similar product worth getting.

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
I ordered this bag and still have yet to see the darn thing. Cyclestuff doesn't ship to Hawaii, so I had it sent to my sister in CA. She's supposed to forward it to me sometime soon.

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
GOT IT---Finally. I haven't mounted it yet, but my first impression is that it's kinda small. From the pics I've seen, I thought it would be about the size of the backpack I carry my laptop in, but it's a good bit smaller. Given its shape, i wonder if it will have any more usable space than the Marsee bag I sold.

(http://www.ducatimonster.org/smf/index.php?topic=66021.0)

I plan to mount 'er up this weekend. Will let you know how it goes!

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
You may be right about that. I actually used it last weekend for the first time-- was riding out to my friend's place and just didn't feel like using the backpack. I thought the same thing-- seems small. Espcially when you really compress it down and it hugs the tank curve. Has nice features, though-- lots of pockets, zippers, map window, etc.

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
I saw your pics on the other ducati website. Why the zip ties? I know a member here said the straps were way too long. Did you have to wrap the straps around the frame and then zip tie them? Do you happen to have any pics of what the straps look like under the seat? I'm gonna use mine this weekend.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Here's mine:
http://www.xs4all.nl/~redkite2/S2RLuggage01.png
http://www.xs4all.nl/~redkite2/S2RLuggage02.png

I actually find it quite roomy for a tankbag. You can shorten the straps a bit, but I didn't find it necessary to.
Once the straps are fitted the bag is quickly attached or removed. You can leave the straps on the bike if you using the bag daily -
just hook them together and pull tight. Watch out for chafing on paintwork though, I use wonderweb between bag and tank.

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Nice Redkite. Now I'd like to know about your tail pack. Who makes that? I'm seeking a solution as I need to return my eclipse saddle bags that I was ready to use, but then decided to to with the Termie high mounts and that killed my saddle bag idea.

The wonder web fabric looks quite useful and appears to be available here through our local hardware store Lowes.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motorcycle-tank-bag/padding/

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
The tail roll is made by Famsa, which is Italian, although I bought it in the UK. It has to be the most useful bit of soft luggage I've ever had and it always amazes how much you can cram in it. Fitted and released in seconds, one strap each side to the rear peg frame, one under the tail at the rear. Doesn't move, although as you ride the contents settle so you need to pull the straps a bit tighter every now and again.
Plus it looks pretty cool too, for luggage on a Ducati. I also have a tankbag from Famsa which I use on short trips. They have a fitting specially for the Monster which fits with straps round the frame at the steering head and under the seat. There's a hole for the filler cap too and the bag attaches to the fitting with a zip. Works well. Famsa luggage is not cheap, may appear to be slightly flimsy to look at but it's durable, quality kit.

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
Got things mounted up today. So far I have to say that I'm quite impressed with the bag and the straps. Everything seems very well built and thought out. It's an attractive bit of kit to boot. Will post pics tomorrow.

The straps are long for something that was originally designed for the monster, but I guess they're that long to satisfy a bunch of different bikes. I may cut mine after I'm really, really sure about fitment. I also zip tied the front straps to the frame to prevent theft.

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
I bought mine through my ducati dealer. The guy felt compelled to come out and help me install it-- we didn't cut, just zip tied in the front. I'll take some more pics later.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Sounds like we've all had great luck with the Givi!

Look forward to seeing the pics!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.