Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been searching around the message board and getting lots of good info.

Just bought a Monster 695.

A few things I'm thinking about, I welcome any input:

-I'd like to get an exhaust for it, but keep my extended warranty in tact. I like the quat-d exhaust box, but I assume that would void my warranty. I don't like the stock exhaust, too big and low, and high mounts are too long.

-What's the cleanest way to chop off that big ugly rear fender and get some less obtrusive blinkers (front and back)? I've seen a lot of custom stuff done on the site....Is there a kit?

-I'm not a DIY guy. Who do you bring your bike to? I need a good shop to help with all of the above.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I left my bike to Stu @ flightcycles in Reseda for a 48k maintenance and some accident repair. Well, wasn't much accident repair, more the maintenance. My dad still says I shoulda done it myself but I think Stu did a MUCH better job than my dad and I would have. (Considering I almost lost one of the collets when I did it last time ::))

Anywho, before I decided to give Stu a try I went to Spectrum motorsports out in Irvine. (I'm about equal distance between the 2 places.) Service wasn't bad but I like Stu and Nick's friendly personality better. It means a lot to me to be able to see the space my bike is going to live in while it's away from me and I like that friendly small shop feel. It's also so great to see all the bikes he's got laying around. ;D

·
Registered
486 Posts
stu at flightcycles is the guy to goto

not only is he a very good mechanic and does very meticulous work, but also because he DOES NOT have a smug or arrogant attitude at all.

he has no problem explaining why he charges such and such amount for this or that job with great detail and will do so in a way that is not defensive or offensive to you but educational if nothing else. Which in the long run shows that he is a very honest mechanic that is not trying to rip you off. That is a mark of a great mechanic.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Depends on your location i guess- if in L.A. area go to Pro Italia in Glendale. Just make sure to never go to beverly hills ducati. they overcharge and lie about the amount of work they do and charge you for.

i've heard nothing but bad and have read worse on this site!

good luck

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Pro Italia has it's fair share of ache$ and pain$...I took my Monster there....ONCE.

When I first bought my Monster, I was jittery about a private shop doing work as to void warranty(?), etc. Hell, if you're talking about exhaust upgrades, tail chop already, you're over the hump...maintenance records will take you the furthest in terms of maintenance care and re-sale, and going to Flight will stretch your dollar and satisfy your mind...

Agree, go check out the day at Flight!

·
Registered
753 Posts
He'll explain things to me in a very quick, logical, non-BS way, unlike the dealers who do not cater to my anal personality and insult my intelligence. Oh, and he is without a doubt one of the most honest people I have met.

·
0 Posts
I live in the S.F. bay area & Flight is the only shop that has ever worked on my bike besides me. Maybe that's why it's at flight right now, I was working on it [laugh] Someone has to fix what I boogered up!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts