Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with rossi on the yamaha the motogp title will be wide open next season. who do you think will win ? I'd love to see Bayliss or Capirossi win it would be great to see an American win so I'm picking Edwards. I think the most under rated American rider in motogp.
you guys can now **** on me next year if I'm wrong !
BTW my favorite riders are Bayliss and Edwards

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Top choices for me are Gibernau, Capirossi, Rossi and Edwards. If I had to pick one, I would say Edwards although my heart wants me to say Capirossi....

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
Edwards? you are nuts. ;)
you might as well pick Nicky, at least he finished on the box.

I think Gibernau is going to be the guy to beat next year unless Rossi really gets up to speed quick on the yamaha.
I'll be rooting for Bayliss/Capriossi (in that order) but dont expect either to be a championship contender yet.
Karen will be rooting for Xaus in hopes that he wins a race and throw his leathers into the crowd, Frankie-style ::)

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
This coming season is sooooo wide open! I can't even speculate. There are a lot of contenders that can make it.

It may well go down as the best GP season ever for the fans.

Two Americans are among the contenders. Both are on what could be the best bikes out there. That's good. Some other European riders on that same brand are also contenders. That's good for the racing spectacle, if not necessarily for American pride.

The rider acknowledged by a lot of his peers as really being that good (as in the best, right now) has a long shot at putting another manufacter on top again.

Our own favorite marque is fielding 2, maybe 3 riders that could pull it off. And on motorcycles that were the most serious challenge to Brand H's superiority last season.

It can't get much better for the series and for the fans. It's a happy coincidence all these factors are coming together at a time when interest in this level of motorcycle racing is growing worldwide.

Wooo Hooo!

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I think Hayden will have a good year and probably get some wins. I just don't know how consistent he will be - but he is on the #1 bike. If you asked me to pick a #1 for 2005, I would probably say Hayden.

Rossi is so up in the air. Yamaha had a couple of good races but unless they do a LOT of development, I don't think they can be that consistent.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
It would be so great to see Hayden win!!!! He deserves it more than any of these over paid spoiled brats! But, with that said.... I love Rossi!!! I want him to lick olive oil off my body ;) The man has magic :)

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
The proper answer would be "hopefully ANYBODY but Biaggi". What a jerk.

Lick olive oil off your body? Oh my....

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree with anybody but baggi. Doohan said he should be sponsered by kleenx and that pretty much sums it up. I was so happy Ducati chose Capirossi instead of baggi.
I would really like to see Hopkins get a more competive ride. It is such a waste to see him on the suzuki.
Rossi is such a talent that he could probably get the kawaski top 5 finishes. It is hard to compare different eras but I think we are watching on of the greatest ever and certainly the best of this generation.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Ack! Biaggi on the Duc? The thought makes me ill. I'd have to cheer for Bayliss primarily.

Two more Ducs to cheer for this year! Maybe we can put Biaggi back to about 6th or 7th.

Here is a good finish:
1. Capirossi
2. Edwards
3. Rossi
4. Bayliss
5. Hayden
6. Gibernau
7. Biaggi

Lets hope that works out. ;)

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That would be alright,it will be interesting to hear baggi's excuses for getting beat by Rossi on the yamaha.
I'd still hope Edwards wins the championship this year just to prove he should have had the factory ride over Hayden last year. Plus another American champion to follow along with Roberts,Lawson,Rainey,Scwantz,etc. 8)

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Somewhere in Japan there are a bunch of Japanese engineers missing the holidays as they try desperately to make the Yamaha ready for 2004. After spending that much on a rider, you know they don't want to let down by a crappy bike....

Speaking of crappy bikes, I hear Kawasaki and Suzuki are good for boat anchors. ;D

McCoy actually jumped to Superbike with spec tires and a non-factory bike to get off the Kawasaki.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yamaha has alot to lose if their bike doesn't perform with Rossi on it. With Burgess and the rest of his HRC crew and Val's talent I think they will have a competive bike before season's end.
I am looking foward to seeing McCoy sliding the NCR Ducati around in wsbk this year. Chili is going to have a 999 and Dutch tuners TenKate are going to run the new cbr1000rr. Maybe wsbk won't be a total loss. :-/

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
AMAsuperbike.com says Alex Barros is probaly getting the other factory HRC seat with Hayden as his teammate.

And Haga may be on a Renegade Ducati in World Superbike....

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
I totally agree that Biaggi is a punk and the further down the standings I see him the better.

Hopper seems nice, he's a San Diego (well, Ramona) local, and he's clearly a fan of the sport, so I wish his bike was better suited to get in even in the top-10 on a regular basis.

Edwards and Hayden are both great riders.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Gibberneau (spelling) all things being = he should be in a good position.

·
Registered
37 Posts
As much as I love ducati, it won't be them this year, still need to learn I think.
I would put my money on biaggi, cause it is the most consistent and with the number of guys out there able to win races, it will be the one with the most podium finish who will make it! Gibernau was good last year but he never had to ride a bike as a favorite, how will he reacts and handle the expectations? Hayden still have a lot to learn to be with the big guns all year long.
Anyway, at the end of the day it will be a honda winner, and honda had always give priority to one of the pilot, and will do it again this year especially if rossi and the duc boys look like a real threat.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Who Let You On The DML Board? I have no problem with you saying Honda "may" win... But, Ducati has a lot to learn? You need to do some history classes on racing.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
It looks like Suzuki and Kawasaki have been doing some work on their bikes. They probably won't be contenders, but maybe they won't be boat anchors like last year...

Gonna be a GREAT year. I haven't been this excited about racing in a while.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Well, AMAsuperbike.com says Rossi is only about a second off Biaggi's time in the test. And he is already faster that Checa.

:eek:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts