Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've started using Dropbox to store files to online and it has been working great. Basically, for free, I get 2gb of storage space - there is a small app that creates a folder on my PC and on my mac that lets me drag and drop files into that folder or have a backup routine save backups to that folder. The dropbox app automatically syncs the folder with their service online. This allows me to save a file on my home mac in my dropbox folder, and when I get to work, it is there in my pc dropbox folder. In addition, I can retrieve it via their website from any computer or even from my blackberry.

It also lets you set up publicly shared files and lets you share folders with just certain people so you can use it to collaborate.

I have been telling all of my friends about how much I like this service and thought I'd share it here as well.

I've got documents I'm working on saved there so I can access them from multiple locations and I just started using it to backup my address book and other info from my mac. I have a backup plan in home but figured that backing up to an online resource was a good redundancy plan.

Anyway, I was curious to hear what others are using Dropbox for... might give me some new ideas of how to utilize it.

If anyone isn't currently using it but is interested they can sign up at Dropbox's website, but if you use a referal link from a current user, they give you extra storage (250mb) and also give the referrer the same extra storage. My referral link is https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTI5ODUwNTE You're welcome to use it if you'd like to try it and get some added storage.

For those asking how they make their money - they offer big storage for a monthly fee. They have a 50gm and 100gb plan you can pay for, but their 2gb plan is free and offers all the same features.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts