Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, a 'Poke incident almost happened to me today. Taking the turn to pull out of my complex (which is a blind turn when there is a truck parked in the last spot) there is a mini van pulling through the out gate. Apparently they didn't want to wait for the enter gate to open, or didn't have an access card. Anyway, I wasn't going to fast as the tires were cold and stopped, and honked (which is nice and loud with my 139dB horn >:D). I proceeded to pull into the entrance area and continue to warm my bike which I always do since it's kind of loud and there are less apartments around that area.

The guy then whips back around and pulls up next to me.

The conversation goes something like this:

Him "I signaled I was coming through"
Me "You were going the wrong way through a one way gate and I was coming around a blind corner"
Him "I gave a signal I was coming through"
Me "It doesn't matter, you were going the wrong way, that's the exit"
Him "I let you know I was coming through"
Me "You were going the wrong way, just don't do it anymore ok. Now why don't you just get over it and go on your way"
Him "You better watch your back slim"

What the hell? Did I just get threatened this morning? What do you guys think, should I file a report or should I just forget it? I didn't think much of it at first, but the more I thought about it today the more pissed off it made me.

Should I even be concerned with that? I mean, I don't want my bike to get beat overnight or even jumped sometime when I am on the bike (he doesn't know where I live, just that I ride that bike). Who knows, maybe he wasn't even talking to me with the last line, I mean, I haven't been "slim" for a little over a year now.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
desmo996 said:
I think if you have all the pertinent data, make tag etc, you should report him. Threats are not cool, period.
Oh, I DID get the tag, and a description of his vehicle and his person. I guess when you work for LE, you think to look for these things.

I'm working late tonight, but I figured I'll probably call the non-emergency line of the FFX Co PoPo when I get home.

That's kind of what I figured, can't be too careful.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Greerzilla said:
Oh, I didn't get the tag, and a description of his vehicle and his person. I guess when you work for LE, you think to look for these things.

I'm working late tonight, but I figured I'll probably call the non-emergency line of the FFX Co PoPo when I get home.

That's kind of what I figured, can't be too careful.
Didn't or DID? If you don't have a good description, there's not so much that can be done.

Gotta love how people immediatly jump to threats, esecially when they are wrong. Savages...

Get some of those parking lot 1 way spikes and serve him up a set of flats when the tries that again.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry, fixing that for you.. I did get the plate.

I had a long meeting today, which is why I couldn't wait around somewhere to report it this morning. And I am staying late so some techs that don't work in our office can do some stuff in our phone room.

What can I say, I'm a chump and volunteered yesterday to be the one who chaperones them.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh, and I also emailed the description and tag to myself from work so my wife would have it incase I didn't quite make it past the gate. I figured I'd lookout on the way home for the van, anyone suspicious, and then park away from my apt. and put the cover on.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yeah,

You've got to watch for people jacking with your bike. I thought someone was messing with mine when the cover was up over the front wheel one morning and I always tuck it right down to the ground. Then another day, there were chips out of my shiny new paint disk lock right where it would have banged into the brake caliper if someone tried to wheel the bike. Then finally the other night, someone stole the tag off my bike.

I need a garage.

Murph

·
Registered
480 Posts
rugbymurf said:
I need a garage.

Murph
Please excuse the intemperate remarks I'm about to make (I'm off my meds -- need to pick up prescription at the pharmacy. [cheeky])

You need a weapon, or a German Shepherd, or at least some sort of neighborhood watch. "Nice" people need to get involved, not to wipe out the bad guys (impossible) but to keep them out of their neighborhoods.

As for the dufus in the minivan, maybe a few people should ride over and 'splain to the driver what the actual problem was. Or not.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Dog for rent:

Yes, he's the dog on top. Here's a somewhat friendlier pic of him:

And a pic of him just walking into a shot of the sibs...

Rental rates negotiable. He will knock any offender over and lick them to death. Although, when he gets in over his head, he tends to hide behind his momma. :angel:

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Haha.

I'm actually moving in a week, so even less worried about it now.

Gen, the gates actually close after about 10 seconds of no cars exiting, this guy just decided to zoom through.

I kind of feel like a woman's part, but I did call last night, they called back this morning (I used the non-emergency line) and took a report with the plate # and description in case something happens) but said unless the threat was more specific than "you better watch your back" then they probably won't do anything. They said if he had mentioned a weapon or death then it would have been a crime.

Anyway, there are jerks all over the place, and usually they don't bother me, but I was in a wierd mood yesterday.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well,

My dog is a 13 year old wussy who hasn't met a living being she didn't like. So she's no good. However, I have 1) bought a kryptonite I bolt that you comes with drill bits so I can at least bolt the bike to the ground before anyone tries to steal it. And 2) my landlord has a garage a block and a half away that he says he will give me the keys to. So when I'm not riding it pretty much daily as I am now (when I wuss out of commuting cos of weather), I can store it there behind locked doors.

We do need to keep undesirables out though. There is a recognized problem with "kids" from the next street over coming over and causing problems. The cooler weather should stop that too though.

Murph

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.