Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are the grips that were on my bike when I bought it... do they look familiar to anyone? Are they good? I'm thinking of buying a spare set incase I don't like them.
Any suggestions on replacement grips??? (Sorry about the picture, my little brother took it 'cause I'm overseas.)

·
Premium Member
2,326 Posts
those monster grips are made by Harris.

http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/Harris_Sportbike_Grips_Monster--506450.html

http://www.chaparral-racing.com/Chaparral/product_family.asp?family%5Fid=7256&gift=True&0=dept%2Easp%2Cdept%5Fid%3D420%26menu%5Fid%3D%26Tree%3D%2CStreet%20Grips&1=dept%2Easp%2Cdept%5Fid%3D2116%26menu%5Fid%3D%26Tree%3D0%2CHarris%20Road%20Grips&mscssid=01B1EACA99EBA49DEBCF849EDA19D052

I've used Rizomas and Pro-Grip gels, of those and the stock grips, my grip of choice is the Pro-Grip gels. But I've never ridden with the Harris grips. I've seen them and they look very hard, not my choice.

I suggest waiting to see if you like the Harris grips first, as rubber grips are relatively inexpensive and very common to find. The Pro-grips gels can be found for $11 a pair.

pro-grip gels

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is awesome. Thanks for your help! [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
I had those grips before the rizomas that are currently on my bike, and they were made of a pretty hard rubber, not much, if any, cushioning. So they're pretty much for looks alone, and personally I thought the "monster" graphics look a little cheap. I haven't tried progels, but I've heard good things.

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
Quick question with the progels. I bought a pair but haven't put them on yet. I noticed that the throttle tube has a flair on the inboard side. Do the ProGrips fit over the flair?

·
Premium Member
1,277 Posts
I've got tomaselli grips on mine, hard as hell but really good for feel. Maybe a tad hard on the hands but i can hack it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts