Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I purchased a 2000 M750 with what I imagine has aftermarket gauges, theres a speedo on the left, and there is a bar graph tach on the right side above the idiot lights. It does not work, I was wondering if anyone knew who makes this and how I can get in contact with the manufacterer? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
That was probably the one marketed by Ducati Performance.
(dont know who actually made it)
try checking with your local ducati dealer.
it may not be worth fixing, i think lots of people had trouble with that one.
there are other aftermarket ones avail.
i dont think it really needs a tach, myself....

D

·
0 Posts
are you talking about this one

This is my bike, no problems w/ the tach I love it compared to the original.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope, the tach is an add on to the top of the idiot lights, a bar graph tach. I found out Ducati Performance made it, now just gotta figure out how to get it to work, hopefully just a fuse.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Yep, that's the early DP tach. I have the same on my bike. It works, but randomly jumps up and reads really really high. It's a solid block with LEDs embedded into it and a faceplate, so it's pretty much impossible to open up and repair.

Some humans have fixed it by replacing the wires run from it to the coil area, as they break inside the sleeves apparently. One of these days when I'm reeeally bored, I'll attempt to fix. Until then, I'll ride. :)

·
Registered
669 Posts
tarzan_king - i believe that's a ducati performance item.

·
Registered
669 Posts
yeah it's pricey ... but man it looks sharp!!!!

T

·
0 Posts
how pricey are we talking cuz i like it alot and a tach would be nice

·
Registered
669 Posts
the Spareshack price list shows it at 364.86 GBP which is aprox 666.63 USD. Kinda pricey IMO. Same price for the cluster whether the large dial is speedo or tach. You can order it either way.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts