Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
41 - 60 of 459 Posts
I have a Competition Werkes kit going in this afternoon. Looks like a quality piece of hardware!

I also have a full set of Zero's coming in from PJ's. Hopefully those come in before I head down to MotoGP!

In essence...I think a tail chop kit is a tail chop kit. Doesn't matter who is "best". Just matters if you are happy and satisfied with what you got.

Watto said:
A little off topic, but can someone please tell me what kind of mirrors are in "elmercurrie's" pic (bar end style)

Thanks in advance

Watto
I think they're Napoleon barends.

Cookie1 Kit & Clear Alternatives intergrated light kit. Installed both tonight. Cookies1's kit is great. Very easy to install with clear instructions and fine quality parts.
The Clear Alternatives kit was easier than I thought it would be to install. Advice- do not bother to buy the optional turn signal flasher. No need to install the resistors or the flasher unit. The stock flasher unit regulates a perfect pace for the blinker. On my 695 anyway.....

How can I get in touch with Cookie? Does he have a website? Cookie, if you read this please PM me. I'd like to see your kit and any options you offer.

r8pistol said:
How can I get in touch with Cookie? Does he have a website? Cookie, if you read this please PM me. I'd like to see your kit and any options you offer.
Send a PM to "Cookie1" -- he'll respond pretty promptly to any questions you may have. [thumbsup]

A few good choices however it's subjective in the end - certaily it's easy enough to build yourself if you have the time and means but few will match the qaulity of the Cookie kit which is thick gauge stainless.

The Cookie kit rocks (for me) because it's the cleanest - I just bought the Buel lens (<$10) for night time plate illumination as did not want an additional light as some kits have. I didn't even use bolts - just quality double sided tape with adhesive white reflective circles to coverup the plate holes - clean clean clean! lol!

clean,efficient (strong stainless construction) & excellent build qaulity/instructions. [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

I just did mine using the old light bracket cut and spun around 180. Drilled holes in it and bolted it into the existing holes for the splash gaurd. Total cost was 9.92 including some LED turn signals from checkers. took about an hour after I got the parts. I think it made my bike faster too.

Yeah , I think the best one is the one you do yourself .... 8)

I looked around for one that would do what i wanted but nothing out there would .. after many months designing it I finally come up with one that holds my exhaust , number plate , lights , and covers the frame ends. also has an under plate section all in one .... [thumbsup]

[attachment deleted by admin]

This is the latest version ..... I have no pics installed as yet
but ,

I have the older one that's in this pic spare .... It's made from 3mm mild steel and is only slightly different to my current version made from aluminium....

[attachment deleted by admin]

Shift-Tech carbon half chop [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

OK, and that's my way for Duca's back. The name of this action was: "Operation-Cut"  [laugh]
Photos and commentary.

First - fast cut of the frame... It hurts...

Then should montage lamp

Have to find something for tail chop "kit". It's fantastic - I've got fastening for cockpit of my KTM EXC Racing - ideal for led signals kit :)

Finaly - fixing number plate. Polish number plate :p

Efect:

Simply solutions are best and most permanent solutions :)

pzdr

41 - 60 of 459 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.