Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
441 - 459 of 459 Posts
Wow, nice tail chop. Are your signals integrated into the brake light?

took me a second to find. they just re-listed these and they are literally half the price.

i bought the integrated tail light package; it only took a 3 days from date of order to the day that it arrived on my front door. tail light isn't nearly as nice as the motodynamic ones from what i can tell. but still a really good deal!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191390998414?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191390861546?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191398647510?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Me!! A few pieces of aluminum, a saw or two, and have at it!

This is one mod that everyone can do themselves. It's very simple and doesn't cost much. If you have a hacksaw (drill and file) and tin snips (which u can buy for cheaper than most chop kits cost), you can make ur own.
1) remove the light/blinker assembly (after taking the seat off)
2) saw the tail just before the seat latch on both sides
3) put some paint or silicone on exposed metal from saw
4) insert some kind of frame plugs (many types available at lowes/home depot or bike shops)
5) use carboard to make a template for mounting tailight and blinkers (basically a 4 sided box with a holes for tillight and blinkers)
6) trace template onto sheet aluminum
7) cut with snips (file edges smooth), drill holes out
8) bend into shape (then I painted mine black)
9) bolt everything up
10) done for a fraction and with knowledge that u did it yourself
Then break your arm patting yourself on the back....

Hey man.
Was just wondering if you could mabey shoot a closer pic so I can kinda see how you set it up? Be dope ,thanks

Best quality and good instructions too. Desmoworld offers a couple of kits I'm interested in if anybody has any experience with them.
Hey man.
Was just wondering if you could mabey shoot a closer pic so I can kinda see how you set it up? Be dope ,thanks
I liked the simplicity and style of the Competition Werkes. I spent some time deburring (finish quality could be improved) and sprayed it flat black, then added a frame as a finishing touch. Attached are a few pics of the look on my 2019 821.
Vehicle Automotive tire Motorcycle Motor vehicle Tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motorcycle
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Rim

Evotech. Ordered direct from UK. Good company, great product, easy enough to install, no mods to existing hardware. They even sent me a free replacement after porch pirates stole the first shipment... pretty cool.

Just installed the atomic fender eliminator kit from ducatimonstertailchop.com for my ‘14 796. It’s a quality product and easy to install. I like that you maintain a piece of the original under tail kit, keeping the seat release in place. You do have to cut it, but I didn’t mind. That also allows for maintaining a covered storage area for the wiring to be protected from the elements. I maintained the stock lighting, except for the plate lamp which is now LED. I’ll post a pic, hope you enjoy.

I have a New Rage Cycles kit now. Really dig it. Before I had an Atomic tail chop, which was a very thorough kit. I ultimately just wanted something a bit more streamlined... so decided to give New Rage a go!

If you don't mind spending a few bucks, the Competition Werkes kit is awsome. And it comes with frame plugs, too.
Yeah

Was going to be my reply although a little late
Nice work
What do you thing of this one
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

just got Motordynamics tail tidyfender eliminator kit and sequential LED taillight to upgrade current one. I’ll try to install tomorrow but on pictures it looks pretty damn cool.
Replying to this now to help others decide; I just ordered one from Moto Dynamics too. Both the tail tidy and the sequential light kit. It arrives this week and I'll let everyone know how the install went. I watched a good vid on both of them where they videos the entire install. Looked straight forward and the price was right for the kits so I'll check back in when done.

441 - 459 of 459 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.