Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago someone said that they could make carbon rims. I can't remember who it was. I am not talking about BST or Dymag. If I am remembering correctly this person said he actually had or had access to molds to make carbon rims. Anyone know who that was or am I loosing it? By the way I used the search and couldn't find it.

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
I know Norm was almost ready to go into production with carbon rims and multi-piece aluminum hubs (very trick) until some sort of legal issue I think. you might want to IM him.

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
Hi Alex,

You could setup a "wheel" and spin your own carbon rims. Buy a mile of carbon strand, dip it in the resin and feed onto the "wheel". Got me what to do with the spokes and hub, though. :) When I was in college, there was a team that was working to build a satellite. THAT was interesting. The outer "rim" of their disc was spun filament carbon. Then they filled it with ultra thin honeycomb and laid carbon fiber top and bottom and bagged it. This disc was about 4 feet in diameter and weighed like 2 pounds. You could wasily hold it in your hand and wave it around.

Sorry... got all sidetracked and wasted some time. ;D

S

·
0 Posts
hey alex,
yep... it was norm. you didn't find it here cuz he posted that note on the speedzilla forum.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys I have been in touch with Norm. If anything comes of it it will make an interesting project if nothing more. Speedzilla, DMB, Monster List, Ducati List its a little difficult keeping them all straight.

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
OT question, but Alex - What is the DMB? I'm familiar with the other three forums. TIA.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wrote DMB for Ducati Monster Board to differentiate it to the mail list. I realized that most people don't call it that. I also regularly check out the local www.ducsunlimited.com group as they are my neighbors and friends. But they tend toward the "lets go get a beer" type discussions good guy never the less.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts