Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
or would going to a K&N type replacement that fits into the factory airbox actually require rejetting...would there be that much diff in performance due to better airflow that would cause carb performance probs?

I think if I had to rejet I would then go with the velocity stack/conical type filter setup!

Whadda ya'll think?

G

·
Re: Who has the best deal on stock paper air flite

Hammer, I remember a post a few months back reporting the stock air filter has better flow than a K&N. I had a hard time beliving it. Does someone else remember what org. did the study on air flow?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Interesting, so where are some good sources for OEM type filters? What are the prices?
Can anyone provide cross references to available filters?

My area is kinda thin on resources right around the corner so to say, so if someone knows of what filters will work and can provide part #'s that would be great or places that have decent prices I can order from. Plus I've been told you can get a replacement filter for around $15 bucks, while some "Duc" shops are claiming in the $80 range.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Just curious, is this a difficult question or is eveyone in the same boat? (talkin bout replacing paper filter with same, not going to K&N type)
There's gott be someone who sells OEM type airfilters on-line right?

Or should I pull filter and go to bike/auto parts store and say "whadda ya got to replace this".

Has anyone done that? What did ya get! ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.