Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 172 Posts

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm seriously considering getting one. I just need a test ride to make sure. I think they'll be arriving in California in about a month or sooner.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have the first M796 in Belgium

·
Registered
19 Posts
They are due in the states June-Aug, with the first arrivals being 'sold' orders-- showroom models most likely appearing in late Aug. I would be surprised if a dealer has one available for a test ride before late fall/early winter.

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They are due in the states June-Aug, with the first arrivals being 'sold' orders-- showroom models most likely appearing in late Aug. I would be surprised if a dealer has one available for a test ride before late fall/early winter.
Really? Shizznit, that sucks. :(

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the first M796 in Belgium
Can you tell me how you like the ergonomics? Do you like the way it fits you better then the 696 did? How tall are you?

I'm 6 feet tall, and I found the 695's position made my hands/wrists ache during long rides (over 30 minutes). My current 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250 is even worse, so I really need to get a bike that fits me better. I'm pretty sure this 796 will do the trick, as it has a slightly raised handlebar and higher seat than the 696. Also, I like the fact that it's relatively light.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Can you tell me how you like the ergonomics? Do you like the way it fits you better then the 696 did? How tall are you?

I'm 6 feet tall, and I found the 695's position made my hands/wrists ache during long rides (over 30 minutes). My current 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250 is even worse, so I really need to get a bike that fits me better. I'm pretty sure this 796 will do the trick, as it has a slightly raised handlebar and higher seat than the 696. Also, I like the fact that it's relatively light.

I am 1m85, I did got a 696 and now a 796, 796 sits better, no ball crushing slide against the tank and higher steering gives less force on your arms. I do prefer 796 because drive and seating and ofc looks and power

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am 1m85, I did got a 696 and now a 796, 796 sits better, no ball crushing slide against the tank and higher steering gives less force on your arms. I do prefer 796 because drive and seating and ofc looks and power
Thanks Edward! That sounds perfect.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have one on order. Black. Dealer says it'll be here in July. With my luck, it'll be the very end of July unless it gets delayed even further lol. Oh well, I'd much rather wait on the bike than settle with a 696, knowing I'd always want that single sided swingarm.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Ok- answering my own question. Ducati Seattle says that they are getting their first monster 796 on June 25th.
It seems to take a long time when the new monster arrives in the US, I allready did drive 1.500km with my new Monster 796

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It seems to take a long time when the new monster arrives in the US, I allready did drive 1.500km with my new Monster 796
Well, you live a little bit closer to the factory. :)

Plus, Ducati wants to make sure that nothing is wrong before they make them available in the U.S.A., so the rest of the world is just their litmus test. LOL!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ok- answering my own question. Ducati Seattle says that they are getting their first monster 796 on June 25th.

Do you know how to obtain this information or someone to contact? When I was ordering one, it was "we will have the bike in June". After I put the deposit down and they took my money..."we have no idea when the bikes will get here". Also, I wasn't comforted when they said "we may get bikes in a different color than you want beforehand, and you will have the opportunity to get one of those instead of waiting for the color you want".

However, I was told by Ducati (not a dealer) that the bikes with sold orders ship first and the first bikes the dealerships receive will be the ones that are already sold -- arriving in mid to late June. Is there anyone here that works at a dealership or supplier that knows how this works?

I'm worried that the dealership took my deposit and put an open order out for "first available" just to get the bikes on the floor, and I may have to wait until the bike I wanted (and ordered) arrives by chance months later than I should have received it, while the dealer had the benefit of getting and spending my deposit months before I get the bike.

I know it takes 6.5 days for a normal cargo ship to cross the atlantic, I don't get the extra 3 months difference between bikes being available in Europe and the US. Wolf who do you use for parts? I may try to order some termis from over there since we can't even order them in the US until a month after the bikes arrive, then get to wait another 3-6mo before they arrive.

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Do you know how to obtain this information or someone to contact?
From the Ducati website:

Would you like to know more about motorcycle delivery time?

Contact the Official Ducati Dealer where you bought the bike; the Area Manager will be able to update you about the expected delivery time for your motorcycle.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Talked to the manager they said they didn't know sh$! so I called another dealership in a larger market who said theirs were coming in the last week in June.

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Talked to the manager they said they didn't know sh$! so I called another dealership in a larger market who said theirs were coming in the last week in June.
Tell your dealer to find out, and that the Ducati website clearly states that they should know. If you're not happy with how they're treating you, ask for your deposit back.

1 - 20 of 172 Posts