Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rode the Monstah to work today.

Anybody else?

Who will be the bravest and boldest as the dark days of Winter descend upon us?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I came this close to taking the bike today (I'm actually at work today) but I am fighting off a cold. Besides, I have been riding for the past few days.

I usually go riding this weekend every year with an old friend, but for some dumb reason he is turning in his plates today.

I still plan on getting some days in this Holiday weekend, even if I am all alone.

fc

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Frank,

I take it that your bike is servicable again.

Are you holding out on tank repair 'till the now flies?

That's what I did when I dropped mine two Octobers ago; rode it bent until the weather forced me to park it.

How's the insurance BS going?

·
Premium Member
3,095 Posts
Got a 120 mile ride in this weekend. Picked up the beast this afternoon during my lunch break and rode it back to work. Even if it's just a mile, it's still riding ;D
As long as it's not snowing and it's 40degrees+, I can handle it, sort of...brrrrrr.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Don,
Got most of the bike back together again this past weekend. Just missing a windscreen but I can wait on that. Took the fairing off for now. I should be getting the insurance money sometime next week. Will probably invest in a new shock and leave the dent as added character. Maybe I will add one to the otherside to make it symetrical.

Hey T, too bad we live 120 miles apart. It would be nice to get some rides in before we need studded snows.

fc

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Frank,

What part of the fairing you need? Just the red plastic, or more? Got a line on a replacement yet?

I'm wondering how long the old style ones will be available.

S

·
0 Posts
bombed around burlington today on the s4! it was so nice to buzz around but i was a bit wary because the roads felt real cold.
i'm figuring on riding on monday as well. but i've gotta make my first out-of-town destination the dealer. i never got it inspected this year!

·
Registered
237 Posts
it was great having friends over during thanksgiving that just had to go for a ride on the Duc with me. perfect excuse to escape for a few miles. . .

strati, what dealer do you go to?

S

·
0 Posts
i live in burlington and work in boston so riverside (union sq, somerville) was the logical choice for me. fortunately, their service guys are good (al arbor is EXCELLENT) and their parts guys are pretty helpful as well.

·
Registered
237 Posts
thats where i bought my Arai. well, theres a really cute girl working at the counter there ;)

the odd thing is that the dealer i go to in Beverly, MA is Easterncycle on Riverside street. the guys there are great.

anyone get out on this really nice weekend? i only got in 60 miles or so :(

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
2 years ago I got inspected by Al hisownself at Riverside. Very thorough. Nearly stock bike.

This year I went to Eastern Cycle in Beverly. The inspection was pretty close to a pencil-whip. 'Course Randy sold me the non-DoT turn signals so I figured they wouldn't give me any grief about them ;D

·
Registered
83 Posts
I rode the duck to work late today. Unfortunately, I am leaving it here until spring. It needs its 12k tune up plus some other mods, and it is getting too cold to work outside.

Hey Don, in response to your question; I am going to try and save the actual fairing. Its not banged up too badly. I do have a lead on an aftermarket screen for a little cheaper than oem. They list it as a '98 thru '99 but I assume it is the same for the '97.

fc

·
Registered
237 Posts
i wish i woke up earlier on sunday, i only squeezed in 30 miles before it got a little too cold. 30 miles is better than no miles!

Randy at Eastern Cycle, as well as everyone else there are great guys, id recommend them any day.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey Don, in response to your question; I am going to try and save the actual fairing.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well Frank, I guess you win. I last rode the day before T-day and I think I'm done. Stick a fork in me....

All the roads into work today were heavily sanded and salted (for good reason!). So that should pretty much do it for me. Time to drain the carbs, fog the cylinders and top up with some Stabil :(

·
Registered
83 Posts
Got mine out of the cold just in time. Yuk. It took my girlfriend 2 hours to get to work this morning. There are some benefits in being laid off. Stayed in bed until noon.

As for what to do until the roads thaw out, anyone into some snowboarding or iceclimbing?

Hey, a group respray sounds great. I assume you have a lead on some decals.

fc

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I don't board. I'm a planker! Pinhead mostly.
But no skiing 'till I get through the shoulder rehab. Don't want to fall on that arm. Hell, even aggro pole planting would be pretty bad for it.

F1BOSTON should be good. I agree, middle of winter is a great time for it.... when we're jonesin' for some motor action.

I forgot to say, driving through Andover today (8:15 commute), I saw an old guy on a scooter! He gets the brass balls award for sure!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Ok, I saw a guy on a bike today on 128 in Burlington, and it was snowing. Didn't get the type, he was going the other way. Talk about balls.

Hey Tarik, I have a ski house starting in Jan. You are more than welcome. Drag along Don too.

fc

·
Premium Member
3,095 Posts
It is F-ing cold these days. That guy either has very large balls, or his are the size of peas at these temps [smiley=laugh.gif] brrrr.
Frank, thanks for the offer on the house. It would be awesome to hook up and do some boarding. Where's the place?
I'll pick Don up, throw him on a board and throw his skis in the fireplace. Should make for some colorful fire-with all that p-tex and stuff they use in skis these days ;D
My mission=to convert all lost souls to the dark side of snowboarding ;D

1 - 20 of 52 Posts