Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taking the bike out again after winter seems to have generated a lot more white sludge on the oil window.
It is now completely covered with white gunk.

My theory was to take the bike out for a spin and heat it up really well, to get the condensation out of the oil (if that is what results in the white sludge?)

How do people here deal with it, and is the stuff no problem or is the condensation inside messing up the internals of the engine?

M

·
0 Posts
just ride it til the spooge eventually evaporates or you come up for a scheduled oil change

·
Registered
599 Posts
I was real worried the first time I noticed it too. I asked the shop and they told me they call it "mayonaise". Just condensation I believe. Won't do any harm. Doesn't taste as good though... :p

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
I've noticed that after a ride a lot of the white crap is pushed up inside the plastic oil filler cap. I cleaned that out a few times and noticed the amount of gunk in there is far less now...

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
If it bothers you, next oil change, go to synthetic. It will be much better, but you will still see some if you live in a cool climate.

Paul (wishing he had bought one of the Evo oil thermostats while they were available)

·
Premium Member
1,966 Posts
What you are seeing in the sight glass is emulsified oil (water & oil mixture). Heat will de-emulsify (as will a vacuum).

·
Premium Member
3,095 Posts
I'll tell ya guys, no matter what oil, how many changes, what type of riding I do - it's always there on my bike. Keep those suggestions coming - none apply/work for me.

D

·
0 Posts
lol exactly, I did my oil change yesterday with Mobil1 SuperSyn and it's still there, and I live in LA. ;)

I thought of blowdrying it with the blowdryer stuck to the glass, what do you think?

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Have the same problem on my 98 Monster. No matter how hard i ride the white "mayo" is still in the window. Will a new carnkcase breather help this problem ?? Seems that the condensation cant evacuate.........since i have ride my Monster really hard some times and its still there.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
an open crankase breather will help. an alternative is just remove the oil filler cap for a little bit after a ride. as others have said, the mayo won't hurt anything. summer is coming, which solves the problem. it has been warmer here, and my sight glass is clear as country water. my suggestion is just ride and enjoy.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Have been thinking about a new crankcase breather but should i go for the "open" type or the one where you just replace the original type with the hose on it ??
your decision. some have actually found a slight power loss with the open breather. i believe they are right from my experience with car engines. the power loss is from higher crankase pressure. the improvement would be cosmetic.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I started using a sythetic oil and noticed that I don't get the white sludge anymore.

·
Registered
221 Posts
All of you are actually very wrong.

The white gooey substance that you see is commonly known in the industry as "M.E." or "Moto Ejaculate"

That an eye dropper and gently suction out the moto ejaculate from a Black (or male) monster, and delicately deposit it into the Oil sump of a Yellow (or female) monster.

In about 9-10 months the Yellow (female) monster will begin to misfire, run rough, and stall. A small hairless red or grey mosnter 620 will emerge form the left side exhaust.

After some nurtuing, oil changes, and several tank of gas. The small young monster will grow up to be a Blue S4R with the nice white stripe and the white 5 piece wheels.

Change the tires and chain....and the little bugger will be loyal forever.

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
What kind of crankcase breathers are you guys using ?? I dont want the open kind that keeps a pond of gooey oil mist around the breather. I want the "closed loop" kind of breather like original.Which breather is the one to buy ?? :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts