Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I've been having an issue on my 2013 M696 after my timing belts(140/165hz) were replaced at the Ducati dealer. At around 3000-4000 rpms there is a whirring sound like a supercharger. Re-did the tension to 110hz and the sound is still there. Here is a link to the sound that someone else posted for their M695 but is the exact same problem I'm facing. Do I need to worry or is this something that is normal after a new belt change?
https://youtu.be/-Nnhm6NX_y0

·
Registered
191 Posts
I just had this problem fixed while i had a belt service completed on my 09 696. Its caused by worn out bearings on your cam belt tensioners. Have them replaced and your noise will be eliminated. The paets cost appx 64$ ea.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just had this problem fixed while i had a belt service completed on my 09 696. Its caused by worn out bearings on your cam belt tensioners. Have them replaced and your noise will be eliminated. The paets cost appx 64$ ea.
Thank you!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can anyone else confirm which cam belt tensioner? The fixed ones or the movable ones or both?

·
Registered
191 Posts
There are 2 adjustable and 2 fixed belt rollers. After removing all the parts necessary to access the belts, you would of course change both the fixed and adjustable rollers. Like i stated before, these parts are not that expensive so change all 4

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There are 2 adjustable and 2 fixed belt rollers. After removing all the parts necessary to access the belts, you would of course change both the fixed and adjustable rollers. Like i stated before, these parts are not that expensive so change all 4
Thank you again! xD

·
Registered
9 Posts
Had exactly this same sound, and just like yours, while rpms coming down.
Changed every thing, with original parts, same sound, so f##$ it. Rode all summer no problems.
Just part of the charm i guess..

Sent fra min SM-G960F via Tapatalk

·
Registered
542 Posts
You can buy the tensioner bearings at any bearing or industrial supply store for under $10 each . Buy good bearings. The bearing number is on the side of the race, etched very tiny. I paid $6 each on eBay for SKF.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts