Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Oh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, it's okay, stop in and see Brett, but don't say hi to me. Fine. Be that way. No espresso for you -- or SallyPoke!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was around and about for a good 15 min...

Little scatterbrained though.

You go look at her yet?

I would have said hello to you. But, you weren't out front.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
zooom said:
glad you were wearing your gear and it did its job and you came out of it okay!
yeah, I'm okie dokey. Gear's a bit muddy though. Almost looks like I went offroading... lol

·
Registered
928 Posts
Glad you are okay. I'm a visual guy so I'd like to get you to show me on a paper exaclt what happened. I see that once again protective gear did it's job, if you get a chance take some pictures of the gear, bike

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2vtwin said:
Glad you are okay. I'm a visual guy so I'd like to get you to show me on a paper exaclt what happened. I see that once again protective gear did it's job, if you get a chance take some pictures of the gear, bike
I got lots of pics of the bike. Gear looks downright normal. I wiped off the dirt off the pants, gloves, and jacket and it looks just about as before.

Here's what happened:
| : |
__________________| : |_________________
[=] \ 4
\ 3 < Traffic direction
- - - - - - - - - - - - | - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
| 2 < Traffic direction
- - - - - - - - - - - - -|- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
[=]\ _1____ < Traffic direction
___________________ \ _________________
| :| |

It's not the best visual. But, it does the job. All 3 lanes were coming from the right (it was a 1 way street).
1. After I turned and headed towards the black car (that was traveling the wrong direction),
2. I banked hard to the right and was going just about perpindicular to it. I cleared the black car
3. and started to bank back left to head the proper direction down the road
4. I couldn't make it back over quick enough and ended up right behind the parked blue car with not enough angle to make it into a lane and around the car.

·
Registered
307 Posts
So sorry!

I've seen more people trying to drive the wrong way down Wilson Blvd. near my house recently. AND they get pissed off when I honk at them when their turn signal indicates their stupid, evil, plan.

Glad you're ok. Sorry the bike isn't.

See you tonight I hope.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
slowpoke13 said:
I got lots of pics of the bike. Gear looks downright normal. I wiped off the dirt off the pants, gloves, and jacket and it looks just about as before.

Here's what happened:
| : |
__________________| : |_________________
[=] \ 4
\ 3 < Traffic direction
- - - - - - - - - - - - | - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
| 2 < Traffic direction
- - - - - - - - - - - - -|- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
[=]\ _1____ < Traffic direction
___________________ \ _________________

It's not the best visual. But, it does the job. All 3 lanes were coming from the right (it was a 1 way street).
1. After I turned and headed towards the black car (that was traveling the wrong direction),
2. I banked hard to the right and was going just about perpindicular to it. I cleared the black car
3. and started to bank back left to head the proper direction down the road
4. I couldn't make it back over quick enough and ended up right behind the parked blue car with not enough angle to make it into a lane and around the car.
By the way, what a picture you made! That must've taken forever.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Hey Scott,

Glad you're okay. Sorry about the bike. I know it's only metal, etc., but I know how I'd feel if the same thing happened to mine.

So I guess the swerving exercise they teach at MSF doesn't quite cover all situations. :eek:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got the initial estimate back...

$15K.... ::) ::) ::)

But, that's for a complete work up of every little scratch and ding.

I've got some calculating to do to see what I can do and where I stand. I've got to price out and see if I can get stuff for less and if it's even worth it.

Only things that is a MUST to replace is the front end. Everything else is pretty muchcosmetic.

I hear there's a CAMer who might have a superbike front end just sitting around... A few CC parts and I'm in like Flynn.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Sorry to hear about your adventure but glad to know that you are ok after all. Good luck with the insurance and the rebuilding process. Let me know if I can be of any help.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
aziz said:
Sorry to hear about your adventure but glad to know that you are ok after all. Good luck with the insurance and the rebuilding process. Let me know if I can be of any help.
Mega Dittos as our friend Rush would say!

·
Registered
473 Posts
Hey post a list of parts needed, or PM me. I've got a few stockers laying around, and so do a couple of people here. Might be able to get some used gear a wee bit cheaper than importing Ducati!

·
Registered
222 Posts
scott,
damn sorry to read about the crash. glad the damage was limited to mechanical. i'm betting you'll be back on a hot @$$ ducati saddle again (before too long).
//tb

1 - 20 of 37 Posts