Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

Which slip-ons **sound** best?

3K views 23 replies 8 participants last post by  jamsfera 
#1 ·
Howdy.

Not just another pipe thread, I hope.

I want some slip-ons because I want to hear that basso, V-twin rumble on my M1000. I don't care about HP increase, materials (CF or titanium or alum or whatever, don't care), or anything else. All I want is the rumble/bass noise. I don't really mean *loud*, I mean bass--but if I have to have the 105s to get good bass, so be it.

Any thoughts on this one? I am having problems justifying $500+ just to get the sound I want....

--Jusitifiable Tom--

G
#6 ·
strati,

I've considering sending some pipes to you instead of spending all of the money on the kit (slipon's, air filter, flashed ecu), but I'm worried about my warranty. I may run it by my dealer and see what he says.

I'd be curious to hear cored pipes vs. after-market where I could be guarunteed it was done with the same equipment/same enviroment.

#7 ·
Most pipes are going to sound good. The only one I would recommend against is D&D, since they're a bit on the loud side and don't sound as nice as other pipes.

I appreciate Strati not tooting his own horn, but if you want the sound at the lowest cost, send your pipes to him and he'll make them sound good.

Personally, I prefer the stock pipes that are only half-way modified, so they let the nice music out, but aren't so loud.

#11 ·
yeah,

I guess there is a large subjective component here--everyone's ear is different....

I highly considered sending my pipes off to Strati for the 1/2 mod...the only thing that stops me is I'm not sure I could go a week+ with no bike (or afford the postage for like 2nd day...) ! Man, it was 75 here today....

No new Monster for 10 day.....hmmm.

--Still Shoppin--

G
#12 ·
yeah,

I guess there is a large subjective component here--everyone's ear is different....

I highly considered sending my pipes off to Strati for the 1/2 mod...the only thing that stops me is I'm not sure I could go a week+ with no bike (or afford the postage for like 2nd day...) !

G
#15 ·
Am I the only one on the board with the 2 Bros?
What do you guys think about them?
I think I've come across one post about 2 Bros, yet don't hear them discussed very often.
Is there something I should know?

R.

#19 ·
Aroung here we've got Arrow CF, Sil Motor 2-1 Aluminum, Termi-made CF DPs, Staintune stainless, and Marving CF mounted on various Ducs.

I think the Arrows have the most pleasant bassy sound and look good. Staintunes sound/look good, too. The DPs sound ok, but are not as nice quality as the Arrows. The Sils have a sound all their own, somewhere between a Duc and a 4-stroke dirt bike. The Marvings are too loud for my taste.

--Fillmore

G
#20 ·
My pipes sound best!! I started with Remus carbon high mounts, Shortened them 5 inches, and removed almost all the fiberglass packing.(left the stainless weave in place)

I'll have to wear earplugs, but the tone is AWESOME!!

G
#21 ·
which ones sound most like the unmodified/original ducati's?

i slyly found out that's the sound my boyfriend likes the best (from the "help with hi pipes selection" post a week or so back) - not super loud, just a lot like the ones he has now...perhaps this is a bit niave of him...but it's a good start anyway. (i'm hoping i didn't spoil the gift surprise by asking).

any opinions are apprecitated.

G
#22 ·
my 2 cents ... Dig the Twin Bros.

Originally purchased Remus slip-ons for my M800 and thought they didn't have the "low" rumble I was looking for.

Hook up some twin Bros and you'll be setting off car alarms on every pass.

C5 slip on cans - recommend CF ...

good luck ...

#23 ·
I rode behind an M900 with 2-brothers pipes and I thought it was too loud. Termignoni are also too loud, but somehow they sound great.

I'm not sure you should judge pipe sound from immediately behind the bike in question. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.