Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Nice, but I'd never put my kids in that. It looks like it has weights bolted to the left side frame though. Between that and a youngster, I'll bet the balance would be alright. Think of the wheelies.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
It's a 748, I read about that a few years ago. Weighs less than 300lbs.

·
Registered
620 Posts
coastie said:
Nice, but I'd never put my kids in that.
Kids??? Screw that I want to ride it.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
That kart ain't for kids.

Weight distribution isn't too bad -- note how the driver's seat is offset to the left side of the kart.

Where's the radiator/cooling system?

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
bluemoco said:
That kart ain't for kids.

Weight distribution isn't too bad -- note how the driver's seat is offset to the left side of the kart.

Where's the radiator/cooling system?
It's still in the box, along with the chain. [laugh]

I remember someone posting that up here a while ago, IIRC there was a video ???

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
That is absolute heresy to not have Termis on it.

Like I'm the one to talk :)

·
Registered
781 Posts
sausage creature said:
Kids??? Screw that I want to ride it.
So do I, but I don't see myself fitting in it. [laugh]

·
Banned
168 Posts
OMG that would be quick. my buddies and i go to an indoor track, 15 second laps or so... they polish the concrete floor daily to keep the carts 'de-tuned'... and that's with 5hp 1-bangers and centrifugal clutches.

on an outdoor track this thing would make you s++t your pants

·
Registered
177 Posts
I would think with that much torque and HP traction would be an issue with on those little slicks.... although powersliding through the turns would be cool.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
it would actually kill a F-250 Kart in a straight line if you could keep it straight while booting it so it would be quicker to 150Kmh than a Ferrari 360 but forget about handling. it's way too short, has little to no tires and lacks suspension to be purposeful.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Just look up Gixxerkart for an idea of what it would drive like. That had an oil-cooled GSXR1100 motor stuffed in it, it couldn't go in a straight line at all. It would just light up the tyres and spin around in a cloud of smoke and noise.

·
Banned
168 Posts
Waldorf said:
it would actually kill a F-250 Kart in a straight line if you could keep it straight while booting it so it would be quicker to 150Kmh than a Ferrari 360 but forget about handling. it's way too short, has little to no tires and lacks suspension to be purposeful.
not that much more power than a 250... see below.

(wikipedia)

Though its 2-stroke 250 cc engine is small and produces only 90 hp (67 kW), it has 360 hp/l and 0.19 hp/lb (450 hp/tonne), which is even higher than a Corvette, and as such, its 0-to-60 mph is below 3 seconds and its top speed can be in excess of 150 mph (240 km/h). Acceleration is the weak point of a superkart however, because the very low weight and good downforce makes for staggering cornering and braking capability, and the karts are capable of braking from 100 mph (160 km/h) to standstill in around 2 seconds, and taking corners at nearly 3 g (30 m/s²). At some circuits, superkarts are the outright lap-record holders, at others they run at around Formula 3 lap times.

Superkart Division 1 is open to 250cc karts with one or two cylinders and five or six speed gearboxes. Typically the karts produce 90 hp and are capable of 160 mph - the fastest form of kart. This is the formula that was Formula E.

Division 2 is for single cylinder karts with five or six speed boxes. Was 250 international previously. Typically these karts produce 65 hp and are capable of 140 mph. However, being lighter than the twin cylinder (Division 1) karts they can be as quick on twistier circuits. This formula was previously known in the UK as 250 International.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.