Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered some Arrow high mounts yesterday, then notcied some FBF high mounts. Both carbon, both look nice, both slip on, both about the same price (650ish). Which would be the better pipe?

M

·
0 Posts
i've got the FBF low mount and the sound is awsome.
I have not heard the arrows yet,but in the end it's your's to decide.

·
Registered
83 Posts
personally I would go with which ever one isn't round - get the oval if possible. I think the FBF may be a bit louder than the arrow, but as you will find 1/2 the people will tell you arrow and the other 1/2 will tell you FBF. You can't go wrong, you will be happy with either - they both will make your bike sound awesome!

·
Registered
83 Posts
they may be lighter, i just personally like to looks of the oval pipe more. Just a personal preferance

·
Registered
330 Posts
I have low mount Termignoni's. They sound ridiculous. They sound so cool I'm trying to find someone who will ride my bike so i can stand on the street and listen to it go by. Really.

I'm a loser, I know.

W

·
0 Posts
jjimmyp... you're not a loser. If I wasn't so "stay off my bike", I'm sure I would have done that by now...

·
Registered
783 Posts
I say, make your own pipes!!! MMMMM shorties!!! Oh and don't forget the earplugs.

H

·
0 Posts
I have Remus pipes, which sounded great, but after the tail chop I felt they were too long. I took 5 inches off them and removed about half the packing. I also sprayed 4 coats of clear over the CF to smooth them out. Now they fit the lines of the bike better, and they sound awesome. Maybe too awesome, I need to wear earplugs now...

H

·
0 Posts
Herb, I dig that placement of your lic plate!! How did you mount it?
I made an aluminum bracket, added a couple nut-serts for the plate, and pop-riveted it to the under seat plastic fender thingie. I had to notch the plastic to get it to sit flat, but that's about it. It cleans up the tail big time.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I'm in NYC. Most of my friends have ridden a bike before, but none of them lately. Its cool though, I got a buddy whose been riding for 20 years, I trust 'em, just gotta find time to meet up w/him.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts