Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, im in the process of searching for a second hand bike (around 2002-2005) and was hoping I could get some advice on which Monster i should get. 800ie, 900ie or M1000S. As this is only my second bike i don't really want something too quick but knowing I'll eventually get used to the power i dont want to be upgrading again in 6 months. Also i am just on 6foot, is a monster going to be too small for me with a ride height of around 31in ? Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
616 Posts
S2R 1000 :) ;) :D ;D [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
I'm pretty happy with my M1000s as my 2nd bike!
:)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks that would be pretty sweet unfortunately im in Australia so might be a bit hard to check it out, i think i'll try and find a nice 900 the featured monster looks hot and gave me a few ideas. ;D

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
Ducati5 said:
My first bike was a RS125 Aprilia, i've ridden a few of my mates 600's (Gizza and ninja) but just prefer the power down low of a twin.
what about the wu-tang?

just buy a monster. any monster will do. you will be assimilated. >:D

·
Registered
616 Posts
grazi said:
Maybe you can sort out the part throttle surging with the 02 sensor. :)
I had that problem for a while, but seems to have disappeared. Not sure if its from smthg i did, or if it just needed some breakin time :angel:

G

·
Ducati5 said:
Also i am just on 6foot, is a monster going to be too small for me with a ride height of around 31in ? Any advice would be appreciated.
Nah, I'm 6'4 and manage it! I would suggest getting an aftermarket seat, like a sargent - its comfortable! (a lot of people here have them) and it gives you another inch of ride height. I also have adjustable rear sets, (Cyclecats) which are nice for the longer leg!

Note the position of the rearsets changes between the "classic" M800, 900, 1000 etc and the SxR models.. You may need to takk a teast ride on both to see what you think!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts