Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I want to fit high monster exhausts on my st2 frame. To do that I need to replace the headers. Who knows which monster headers will fit? I've tried one header I think comes from a 900SS (570.1.007.1A) and the vertical cylinder connection is to short. Will one of the newer ST frame based monster headers fit?

tia, Peter

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
Just guessing but the -02 900 has STbased frame and the same stroke as
your engine so that ought to fit.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
I wouldn't expect any other Ducati pipes to fit the ST2, assuming you still have the original header pipes on the engine. The ST2 openings come out the side so that the pipes can be rotated up and down depending on whether or not you have the bags on the bike. All others have openings pointing towards the back.

I would expect that you'll need some welding to do whatever it is you want to do with the pipes.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Scott R. Nelson said:
I wouldn't expect any other Ducati pipes to fit the ST2, assuming you still have the original header pipes on the engine. The ST2 openings come out the side so that the pipes can be rotated up and down depending on whether or not you have the bags on the bike. All others have openings pointing towards the back.

I would expect that you'll need some welding to do whatever it is you want to do with the pipes.
It's the original headers I want to replace with a Monster type header. I have a set of high monster pipes I would like to fit.

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
there are two possible points of issue. first is where the vertical header goes thru the swingarm. given st4 headers don't go straight into 851 (which is the same as a pre '02 900m pretty much) then if the older 900 m headers don't fit thru you'll need '02 900 headers - somewhat rare.

second is whether or not the pipes will clear the footrests.

you could modify any 900m headers to work tho i'd think. nicely with a welder, quickly with a hammer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts