Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody,
I need some good info. I am real interested in getting some carbon fiber high mount exhausts... Which are the absolute deep and loudest? I want some mean sounding pipes! Which are real loud, deep, and throaty? I'm looking to piss off some neighbors. Thanks for all your help everybody! :-X

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
Termignoni or Arrow. You'll even piss yourself off too when you pay for them.

But seriously, instead you should look for the cheapest full system. You might be able to find something not as loud, but a full system close to the price of Termi slip-ons. Remus or Sil Motor for example.

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
In my opinion ,Akrapovic make the most beautiful sound i have ever heard in a monster !It sounds like a real monster !

·
Registered
849 Posts
You'll even piss yourself off too when you pay for them.
;D Termignoni for sure. Lucas' Leo Vinci sounds nice but not as loud, so do Speeddogg's glass packs 8)

Never heard an Akra on a Monster, but they sound badass on rice burners and their quality is hands-down the best when if comes to fit and finish. Never thought welds could look pretty until I saw my first Akra.

But yeah, I have the Termis, and me and the dog can hear my wife coming from three blocks away (not kidding).

-R.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
I think Sil Motorsport cans are actually pretty low in bass tone. As far as "loud" goes, you'll want to check dB ratings... Sil Motor makes 105 dB cannisters. If you're in California, there's a dB limit (I think it's 80).

Daffe

O

·
0 Posts
dam I don't which pipes are the loudest or the least expensive... But I had DP/Remus Titanium high mounts put on my 800s... To my surprise the sound was extreamly different, the sound i think made me wet my pants hearing it for the first time.... loud and just a great sound.... I still have the the grin on my face since I've heard them rumble.... oh and you tend to make even more motorcycle noises while you're either in bed trying to sleep.. or just when your mind wanders thinking about when u are gonna get to ride and hear them again... I'am happy with the ones I have...

M

·
0 Posts
I'll say my Sil Hi Mounts (105db) are loud. Much louder than I expected. Louder than any of the typical crotch rocket brands (Vance, 2Bros, etc). The best thing about them is the deep throaty rumble. The twin sounds like a v8.

I found the stock exhaust had a higher pitched "buzz" and it sounded like a twin. I would be intrested to hear 85db sils to see if they keep that very deep bass tone.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I recon the construction of the pipes is important if you are looking for the right sound.

If you get ones that can be easilly dissasembled, ie. Have rivets either end that can be easily drilled out & replaced, then you can play around with the packing inside to get the desired sound.

I have termi's on mine & they weren't loud enough for me. So i drilled the rivets out & took out 25% of the Packing/Baffling material in each can. Rivited them back up & went for a spin.

Still not loud enough, so i took 50% out, tried it, still not loud enough!!

So i took it all out! Sounded Awesome, but lost that specifically Duc sound, it actually sounded like a V8 super car when you backed off into a corner.

So i put 25% back in & that's where it sits now & still Thumps like a Duc, but loud. People turn their heads on the side of the road when your 100meters behind them. Also the other guys i ride with say they can hear my Duc thumpin over theirs when we're riding.

Opening it up in a tunnell is awesome.

only problem is all the neighbours tell you the next day exactly what time you creep home in the morning.

So whatever you can get, you can change the sound to suit.

R

·
0 Posts
I've got Termis also, full system Hi mounts loud and deep enough to set off car alarms. Cheap there not $2600.00 , but I would'nt hesitate to buy them again if I were to buy another DUC. I will say I've heard others that sound good Sil's & Remus are worth checking into.

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
No FHE, but the Roadracing exhaust is supposed to be ear-splitting. You can read a member mini-review here.

S

·
0 Posts
you want high-mounts so they don't necessarily apply, but running stock cans with the baffling bypassed are hands down the loudest cans you can run short of installing a solid straightpipe.

·
Premium Member
3,095 Posts
strati-do you know anyone who does this work? I'd be real insterested, especially if I don't have to mess with ecu's, etc. afterwards...

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
Is there anyone out there with Termi's that live out in CA? I was just about ready to pull the trigger this winter on a high-mount Termi full system, but there is the slight possibility I may be moving out to CA and I don't want to lay out the cash if I can't get it registered. Thoughts? Thanks!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts