Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Has anyone installed rear axle sliders? I have a pitbull single sided stand and I'm assuming it won't work anymore if I install them. Is this correct?
Most would block the hollow axle hole that you need for the stand. Looking around, I noticed that the Sato Racing rear sliders have a smaller hole that allows a stand. You would have to order the 848 (smaller) pin for the pitbull stand.

·
Registered
44 Posts
For those who have had low-speed tip-overs with sliders. Did you have any problem with the handlebars? Are the turn stops strong enough to avoid the bar damaging the tank? In the tip-overs I've seen (on bikes with clip-on style bars), often the tank was damaged by the bars rotating (usually shearing a couple of bolts in the process) and damaging the tank.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thanks, I'll take a look at that. I'm in the process of doing my first round of "simple mods" and protection is on the list.

I was actually hoping imstuner would chime in, since he said he recently had a low-speed tip-over with "no damage". Curious how the handlebars did in that.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts