Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question: which frame slider do you have for your 1200?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
200 Posts
I'm going with the SpeedyMotos. Good price and looks like it'll do the job. Not as "pretty" compared to some, more functional. But I want protection over looks...

Question: which frame slider do you have for your 1200?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm also looking at R&G and puig pro, R&G look much more sturdy and puig look better if it's in red color to match my 1200s, anyone has them installed?

uploadfromtaptalk1447809678903.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1447809689417.jpg

·
Registered
128 Posts
I bought the R&G ones because I liked how the puck is attached to an additional bar that then mounts to the frame in two spots. In a crash, that extra bar will take up a lot of the impact stress and I seriously doubt you would ever tweak your frame or crack an engine case. It might give and bend a bit in a big crash, but that's a good thing, rather than the engine case cracking at the motor mount.

Also, now that they are installed, I hardly notice them. They look good and blend in with the overall styling very nicely. I had one guy ask if I was thinking of installing some frame sliders and I pointed out to him that I already had.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I looked at the Speedymoto and Rizoma. From what I could see the Speedymoto looked like it might protect a little bit more but didn't look as nice. The Rizoma looked a lot better but don't stick out as far. I ended up getting the Rizoma frame sliders on my 1200. I never considered any of the frame sliders that mounted in 2 locations because my knee hits the upper frame bolt when riding and thought it would be unconftable to have something else there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Got the MotovationUSA sliders. They looked beefy. The Rizomas, while prettier, didn't look like it would protect the bike if you laid it down.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Evotech here. I really like the build, Solid, and they stick out enough to keep my mind at peace.

x2 on using them to stretch as well :)

·
Registered
310 Posts
I went with the Speedymotos on mine. I had The motovation sliders on my 696 and they saved my bike before so I was definitely satisfied with them. I went with Speedymotos on this one though since I wanted to switch it up and I thought they look a little nicer than the Motovation ones.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Has anyone installed rear axle sliders? I have a pitbull single sided stand and I'm assuming it won't work anymore if I install them. Is this correct?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I looked at the Speedymoto and Rizoma. From what I could see the Speedymoto looked like it might protect a little bit more but didn't look as nice. The Rizoma looked a lot better but don't stick out as far. I ended up getting the Rizoma frame sliders on my 1200. I never considered any of the frame sliders that mounted in 2 locations because my knee hits the upper frame bolt when riding and thought it would be unconftable to have something else there.
I was considering evotech or speedy Moto but...
My knee is near this upper frame bolt too when riding. Anybody have issues with the frame sliders getting in the way of your knees?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sadly I got to test out the Motovation Sliders today. First fall, I was rear ended in traffic. Luckily both the other vehicle and I were going at a snails pace.

Good news is that there was no damage to the bike at all.

Whichever sliders you decide to get, as long as you have one you'll be thankful.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts