Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
1,465 Posts
If you don't want to change anything else, you'd have to stick with forks from a `00 or newer Monster or SS (maybe ST, but I'm not sure).

I don't see that many sets of the adjustable Monster/SS type forks come up for sale, but right now Superbike forks are going really cheap on eBay. To use the SBK forks, you'd need to either modify your triple clamps or buy the Cycle Cat conversion upper triple clamp kit.

--Fillmore

· Premium Member
1,465 Posts
That's basically my philosophy as well, particularly if you have a newer Monster with the crappy `zokes, which should already have compatable wheels, etc.

For my weight and riding style, the OEM forks were awful, and I don't believe that springs and oil were going to get me where I wanted to go.

I just got a set of like new Showa SBK forks for my new (to me) SS off eBay for $230. The SBK forks are already a better set-up for most full size riders (i.e. not 160 lbs) because they are sprung for the heavier Superbike, plus you have the adjustable pre-load and compression/rebound damping.

If you're willing to just modify the stock Monster clamps, you could be way ahead of the stock suspension for under $250. Even if you spring for the Cycle Cat conversion clamps, I still think that you're getting a pretty good value considering the level of suspension upgrade you're getting and the future adjustabillity.

--Fillmore

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.