Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've got an '01 m750 dark and I'm reworking the suspension right now. I just need to know which forks I can throw in there. I know there is some issue with different axle sizes, but I don't know exactly how that works.

· Registered
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What prompts one to change forks on an already well handing bike?... damage, appearance, dampening/rebounding, upgrading....I've seen multiple posts on fork issues, but never understood the reasoning. Tutor me, great ones...
Well, I don't know about everyone else, but I would say the stock forks on my '01 750 dark are not that great. They are not adjustable, not revalveable, not rebuildable, and plain below average. And don't even get me started on the rear sachs shock. (which will be an ohlins soon enough)

· Registered
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, my bike has some crappy Marzocchi(sp?) forks that are non-rebiuldable. I believe it applys to most 750s and especially the dark version (read: cheaper). The M900s, especially early ones like yours have the non-adjustable, but comlpetely rebiuldable showas. Plus, why spend 300 to rebiuld when for about 700 I can have fully adjustable showas off of a superbike that I can really dial in to my liking?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.