Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to put one on my '01 750. A web search shows one sold by European Cycle Specialties, but the only one I see mentioned here is by something called DP. Who are DP? Is there a preferred stand or are ECS just reselling someone else's?

thanks,
jim

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
Ducati Performance

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm very pleased with the stability and practicality of the DP center stand. Highly recomend one for city commute. I took off the useless and clumsy side stand.

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Jamesf: The center stand you saw at the European Cycle Specialties website was the DP one. I don't think anyone makes an aftermarket CENTER stand for the Ducatis (some companies make SIDE stands).

I recommend the DP center stand highly. I put one on my S4 despite the mammoth weight penalty in doing so: the stand weighs 5.7lb complete with all mount bolts, spring, etc.

It holds the bike VERY securely, and unlike some other center stands, it is easy to engage and to release.

I am also thinking about removing the sidestand, but want to give it a little time first to make sure I would not miss it. I'm trying to use the bike right now as though the sidestand was already gone.

Jim G

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
none......they drag on the ground....the side stand is bad enough......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts