Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
totally lovin my bike more with each ride. I'm still however, learning what she likes and doesen't like. I'm used to revin really high on my previous ride (Ninja250). Kept her between 8-10 grand. Where is the monster's sweet spot? Right now I keep her at 5-6 grand shift at about the same, maybe at 7 grand. The power on the monster is very smooth and consistent though, but I just wanna know where to start to make her sing.... don't wanna rag her out either you know...

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
sounds like you got it. just ride where it's not chugging and where you're comfortable.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
I think torque peak is at something like 6800 rpm's so that's where it really feels "alive", but since the torque curve is so flat, 5k to 7k tends to feel the best IMHO.

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
I like to ride on the FLAT torque curve, i rarely go over 7k. I like the 'effortless power" at the low and mid range rpms. I too take note of where an engine produces peak torque and try to keep revs near there when i ride aggresively. but the monster feels better to me at the lower revs when im just cruising along.

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
I used to ride around town at about 5k. Engine was smooth and you were in the heart of the powerband.

·
Registered
781 Posts
140mph! ;D

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
nox23 said:
totally lovin my bike more with each ride. I'm still however, learning what she likes and doesen't like. I'm used to revin really high on my previous ride (Ninja250). Kept her between 8-10 grand. Where is the monster's sweet spot? Right now I keep her at 5-6 grand shift at about the same, maybe at 7 grand. The power on the monster is very smooth and consistent though, but I just wanna know where to start to make her sing.... don't wanna rag her out either you know...
I feel my 620 starts to sing at around 7500 rpms, i usually shift at a much lower rpm though.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
;D5k -7k is where it's at. i've given it a wrist full from 5k on and she/he sh**s n gits for me. being a relative novice, that's fine for me.
[thumbsup] with termis & ecu + open air box, the sound is wicked!!! probably spooks the wild life & neighbors ta boot. :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,941 Posts
robbielg said:
140mph ? ..more like 140kph ;D
Nope. Right the first time. It's an old joke. You might have missed it ..... It's been said something like 11ty billion times ;D

·
Banned
1,620 Posts
robbielg said:
nox23 said:
I feel my 620 starts to sing at around 7500 rpms, i usually shift at a much lower rpm though.
You'll have to yell louder for him to hear you back in 2006.

·
Registered
663 Posts
^^^^^^^^ [laugh] [laugh]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts