Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

Where's Don?!

984 views 19 replies 4 participants last post by  CRASH! 
#1 ·
I know he was scheduled for some shoulder surgery...does anyone know if he's around? Kinda quiet around here without him.
~Tarik

#2 ·
I been BUSY Man!

I was in Jacksonville Fla for the week. I tried to check in with web TV in the hotel, but it really sucked. Didn't get very far. There were some other interesting features enabled by my $15 fee though ;D

Surgery is Wednesday. Assuming I come out of the general anasthetic, I'll shoot a one handed report the next day!

#5 ·
Day surgery. They'll put me under, but send me home the same day.

Just a shoulder that hurts all the damned time. Not a rotator cuff; no torn muscle. It's "impingement bursitis," if that means anything.

I'll have an ice pack and with luck some recreational drugs; you know the kind you're not supposed to mix with alchohol? ;D

Should be no big deal. Just gotta get through it.

#8 ·
Well, I'm home... sittin' around eating Percoset and reading bike rags. Oh yeah, and typing wrong-handed.

Doesn't hurt too bad, but i have a lot of work to do getting range of motion and then strength back!

I'll be reading, but not posting much!

#12 ·
Well, I'm off the pain killers and just taking the anti-inflamatories. I'm always aware of the shoulder, but I wouldn't say it generally hurts. I have most of my range of motion with some pain at the extremes. I wouldn't want to throw a baseball yet, but I'm getting by with all the essential functions of the day.

I can go a lot of the day without the sling. I'm driving (being off the drugs helps there). I'm thinking how soon I can ride the Monster! I'm itching to get on her since some nice weather is coming up. I know my wife's gonna have a fit unless I get green-lighted by the ortho and doctors don't generally like motorcycles anyway.....

I feel like I could ride right now, though not a full-day kind of ride; I get tired too easily. But I could ride in to work and maybe tool around a little. We'll see.

Bottom line, one week post-op and I feel like I could pretty much get on with my life again. I think it's gonna be worth it :)

#13 ·
Don, want to brave a slow going, take-it-easy ride this weekend? I'll come out to you.
Let me/us know. I'm just dying to get on my bike with the weather like it is right now. I think either way, I'll be riding somewhere this weekend.
Tarik

#14 ·
Can't do a weekend ride. My parents are visiting from Oregon and we haven't seen them for a few years! Gotta stick around the casa. If we have decent weather next weekend, maybe we can put in a little run on Sunday. Anything can happen with the weather any time. Could get a few warm days. Could dump 3' of snow. Ya never know.

I rode in to work today! Felt good except for the backpack straps digging into my shoulder. Stupid friggin' 8.5 lb laptop! I'll solve that by not taking any more work home! Told my dad this morning "now I'm going to p!ss my wife and maybe mom off. I'm riding the motorcycle to work!"

#15 ·
Hmmm. Da parents.
Well, If the weather keeps up like this, it'll be overdue for one of my famous hookey days, so let me know.
I'll call Rachel and see what she's up to this weekend. Monsters are better in herds ;D
That's amazing/awesome that you're already riding your bike man. Didn't you have surgery a week ago? Jeesh.
Will wonders ever cease.
Keep in tune and let me know if we're going to blow this work thing and have fun on the Monsters...
Tarik

#17 ·
npt - No problem...
PM me and I'll send you my tel #. We could hook up for a ride in VT/NH/MA...I'm down.
Maybe I can still pull Rachel in to this thing..she's one wild and grazy gal.
I'm out in the sticks in Northampton, but I ride anywhere ;D
I'll check back in after lunch...
Later
Tarik

#18 ·
D'you see the thread on the CD-ROM list?

They're trying to get a crew to meet at Hooters in Manchester NH on Saturday to watch the races on the big screen.

It's a possible destination if you have the extra time to kill sitting in front of the screen and want to meet more Ducatisti.

Personally, I'm uncomfortable sitting in a bar without a drink :( and drinking when I'm riding the bike isn't something I like to do either. :eek:

#19 ·
Thanx for the heads up. Now if I could just figure how the HECK to get on the CD-ROM list, I'd see...
In the end though, I'm the same. I'd rather be riding on the last day of sunny mild weather than watching a game in a smokey bar surrounded by beautiful big boobied babes.. :eek: Wait..what? big boobs! Weehooo!!!!
T.

#20 ·
Not a game though, motorcycle races. But I agree with you: Watch motorcycling when you can't do it yourself anymore!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.