Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where should we ride?

Should we hook up with the S&W Diner Crew? Are they gonna do the evening ride?

Supafly, you had some loop you were thinking of around Lake Hughes - Castaic - Bouquet Canyon?

S

·
0 Posts
I can put that ride together if you guys want to. It's Lake Hughes road in Castic to Lake Elizabeth road to San Fransiquito(spelling not to scale ;D) to Spunky Canyon(not making that up) to Bouquet Caynon and then we can cut across Santa Clarita on surface streets to get to one of the best canyons in LA, Little Tujunga.

Nick, you should post one of your world famous maps on this thread so the other folks can get an idea of the route.

I know the route and there are gas stations at the beginning of the trip and at the mid-way point, just in case. ;)

·
Registered
600 Posts
Hey, I just went to Bouquet Canyon and Lake Hughes on Saturday! It was a great ride - no bikes or cars to be seen for miles! I was planning to go again this coming weekend. I also have to schedule for a maintenance this weekend. Hopefully I can join you guys.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll cook up a map tonight, get some mileages, etc.

Supafly, thanks for volunteering to take the bullet on the gas stops. ;D

Miomostro, that's great, it'd be cool to dovetail with the S&W ride.

Jiro, it'd be great to have you join us.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The loop as shown is about 80 miles.

Pay no attention to the numbered stops, they're just there to keep the software from picking the Superslab Route.--edit---It's not like they're gas stations or anything..........

I'll play around with it to see if I can fit the S&W Diner into the loop with some fun roads. Looks pretty good so far...

Let me know what y'all think.

M

·
0 Posts
Looks good... I'm not sure if the S&W'ers will be able to fit it into their schedule (I think the earliest they can start is 4-ish). But I'll check...

As for myself, I have something scheduled that day, but it hasn't been confirmed. Will update when I can...

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks good... I'm not sure if the S&W'ers will be able to fit it into their schedule (I think the earliest they can start is 4-ish). But I'll check...

As for myself, I have something scheduled that day, but it hasn't been confirmed. Will update when I can...
That's kinda what I figured, I was going to try to work the Diner in on the tail end of the loop.

As for you, I hope she's cute. We'll be disappointed if you bag on the ride for that 8-letter word that begins with "f".

Made y'all count, didn't I? ;D

M

·
0 Posts
As for you, I hope she's cute. We'll be disappointed if you bag on the ride for that 8-letter word that begins with "f".
LOL! I get the feeling that all you think I do is date chicks and ride my bike on the weekend. Well, your wrong buddy! I also READ for school on the weekends. So there! ;)

BTW: You called it as far as my "committment" that day, and, yes, she's quite cute and tall and athletic and smart and, ugh... busy. Anyway, I'm starting to think your psychic, so cut that mind-reading crap out, Speed! ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cool, Eric's in.

So, Will, was that a yes or a no on the ride?

Sounds like David and Jiro are possibles.........

S

·
0 Posts
Possible??? I want to show all you folks my 'hood. I'm in and planning the ride down to it's last detail...naw we'll just wing it(or is that u-turn it? ;D) as always.

Bruce can't go 'cause we ain't stoppin' for no oatmeal!!!! ;) Burgers and fries are the mid-ride meal at The Habit, it's better that In-n-Out by a long shot. If not that there's a good deli next door to it. Let me know what you guys think.

I've got to go later on in the week to get the street address of the gas station that we're going to meet up at, I'll post that when I get it.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Hey, I can just bring a Balance bar and be fine.

However, I am returning from a friend's wedding that morning at about 6am. Not sure I will be in shape to ride. I will do the S&W that afternoon, if it is on.

What time you guys meeting in the morning?

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bruce,
We're meeting at 6:05 am. That'll give you enough time to choke down a Balance Bar. ;D

JUST KIDDING, ALL! Not meeting any of you jokers at 6:05 am, only Tea Leoni if she dumps that Duchovny dog (yes, I'd be dreaming).

This is my first cut at the "second half" of the loop, getting us down to the S&W Diner. Brings the total mileage up to 137.

Tried 3 times to upload the [email protected]<king map image, and it won't take it. I'll try again tomorrow.....???

It may be a bit ambitious, let's think it over. Still haven't heard from Will on the status of the S&W folks.........

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Planning on swinging by there this afternoon... will update today/tonight ;)
Cool, thanks.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Bad news just came in. I have to work over the weekend. Unless there's some miracle, I won't be able to join you guys this time around. But next time for sure.

:':)':)'(

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So it's me, Eric & David committed, Will & Bruce are possibles (?). Anybody else?

Finally managed to upload the map image for the Little Tujunga to S&W diner segment.

Moral of the story, YABB says "letters and numbers only in the file name". It means it. Freakin' YABB can't deal with a measly little "&" in the filename. :mad:

:'( Three refusals in a row. What's all this working on the weekend [email protected] and being out of town? Get your priorities straight. Riding your Ducati is #1. All else is a means to that end. ;D

J/K, guys, don't work too hard, and danger, have fun up north.
We'll catch you on the next one. I'll take some pictures for the recap to rub it in.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts