Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all.

Been clocking up the kays on the Monster (600ks a week) and its due for its 60k belts replacement and tappets check so I went down to Moto1 here in Melbourne and was told it'll be a 3 week wait minimum before I can get in???WTF??. Get outa here!!! :mad: There surely has to be a more realistic time frame for Duc servicing down here??
So the question is, does anyone know of a shop or individual that can do the work for me within the NEXT millenium ;).

Cheers
Gazza

PS Oh, and I got the spiel about not using aftermarket chain and sprockets and disc pads, puhleeeez. ::) What brands/types have others used??

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
dragonworld said:
Howdy all.

Been clocking up the kays on the Monster (600ks a week) and its due for its 60k belts replacement and tappets check so I went down to Moto1 here in Melbourne and was told it'll be a 3 week wait minimum before I can get in???WTF??.
That doesn't surprise me too much at this time of year - I'd expect anyone who's worth taking your Ducati to for servicing is pretty busy now - Ron at Flywheels must have had 15 or 20 bikes in his workshop on Saturday (thats actual customer bikes, before we all showed up for free bbq lunch!). I know Gowanlochs usually have a 2-3 week wait to book in a valve clearance check. It's the beginning of summer - if a workshop doesn't have any work on now, I'd be asking "why?"...

PS Oh, and I got the spiel about not using aftermarket chain and sprockets and disc pads, puhleeeez. ::)
If you're takling about Moto One in Oakleigh, I'd listen carefully to the speil - Brad Black is one of the good guys, he _really_ knows what he's talking about, check out some of his posts - I'd be interested to hear just what that spiel was, but if it came from Brad, I'd be listening carefully before I wrote it off as profiteering... (I know Mike at Gowanlochs stocks OEM sprockets instead of anything else, but he sells me chains and pads without any Ducati branding/markup...)

What brands/types have others used??
I use Ducati sprockets (actually, I think my current rear was Cagiva branded!), RK or DID chains (I tried a cheap Isis brand chain once, it died in 5000km and took the sprockets with it, I get 30-40,000km out of a good chain on that bike!) and EBC brake pads.

big

·
Registered
972 Posts
Can't help with the servicing stuff but good luck anyway. My original chain and sprockets died at about 16,000 K I now have just under 62,000 k and my second set of chain and sprockets are just about gone too, but as you can see I have had a really good run out of them, both chain and sprockets were supplied by 'Chain Gang' (1800 806 875) www.chaingang.com.au and that is where I will be getting my next set from.

Mmick

P.S. I dont just cruise around to get that sort of life out of them.

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmmmmmm,
as I ride pretty well all year round I didnt twig to the fair weather set that get the bikes serviced for the "summer" riding (read posing??) ;D. It was one of the sprares guys that cautioned me about not using Genuine parts. The thing witrh the chain/sprockets was appently the threads on the countershaft sprocket arnt apparently exactly correct in the aftermarket types and the retaining plate can/does come loose?? ???.
Aaah well, I'd better book the girl in and wait. ::)
Cheers All

1 - 4 of 4 Posts