Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why should you guys with the dry clutch get all the cool stuff :'(

Where can I find a cool cover for either my wet clutch or crank case? I'm trying to dress up the engin area and the only things I can find are belt covers.

Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Really the only thing you can do is have it powdercoated, have it polished or highlight the lettering. As far as I know.

·
Premium Member
2,089 Posts
kopfjager said:
Really the only thing you can do is have it powdercoated, have it polished or highlight the lettering. As far as I know.
Or you can do all of those, it could actually look really good.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Wow! that is a good looking engine b.h. [thumbsup]

What are your plans for the bike? What other mods are you doing besides the engine?

Swanny

·
Registered
175 Posts
ooohhh pretty! i need to do that to my covers...the owner before me (really it was him!) dropped the bike and battery acid ate up the coating all over the engine cover :-[

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow b.h., that's really sweet! Is that high temp paint?

·
Registered
917 Posts
swanny said:
Wow! that is a good looking engine b.h. [thumbsup]

What are your plans for the bike? What other mods are you doing besides the engine?

Swanny
I've got a number of things planned. basically everything on the bike will either be black or gold, (except for hardware), converting the forks to gixxer superbike forks with radial brakes, mounting a solo bobber seat, chopped exhaust, custom headlight, clip-ons, 10 spoke forged AL wheels, and a few other odds and ends.

the paint on the block and heads is high temp. on the covers it's normal enamel.

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
I know little to nothing about painting things , or heat dynamics for that matter, but by painting the heads does the engine retain more heat (i.e. run hotter)? I've seen a couple of pictures of painted engines and they all look very cool, but i wasn't sure if you have to be more careful about overheating an engine.

Very nice work b.h. [thumbsup]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts