Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I scratched my bike again.... :-[

Need to buy the Ducati RED PPG paint code 473.101.

Does anyone know of online sources for buying PPG paints?

I know touch up paint is available on ebay, but im not sure if its the same RED as on my '03 Monster.

Did the 916 996 998 999 748 Monster 600-900 and 900SS use the same RED color? I hought i heard ducati modified the RED color at one point in the model years... is this true?

·
Registered
827 Posts
I too have been watching for an answer to your question. I've also heard of people not getting the red to match right, and since I'll probably be painting at the end of the season I'd like to know.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Go to www.color-rite.com

They say they are the only Official Ducati paint supplier in North America. Ive gotten paint from them in the past but only bulk amounts and only through the dealership i work for. But u can call them up and see what they can do for u because their customer service is excellent!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I can get it (PPG) for you.

are you looking for a large amount, or just touch up.

are you going to spray it?

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I talked to the guy a few weeks ago and he says they have EVERY Ducati paint in stock despite what the website says.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Color-rite has a new harder clear coat that they are selling now. After talking to some paint shops they have said it is the best clear coat on the market(they said it has alot of "depth" and it is super hard). The only problem is that you need to have it professionally applied and you can only buy it in bulk (about the amout to cover a whole bike).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts