Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All!

I'm looking into getting my first Monster and would like to know which dealers y'all would recommend around SF.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
The one in Marin County has a pretty good reputation.

When I'm ready to buy a Multistrada, I will seriously consider going to Wilsons in Fresno again. I don't really want to give any of the closer dealers my business, based on my experiences with them so far.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Scott,

Have you dealt with the one in Marin? What's the name of the one in Fresno? I seriously don't mind going further to get good service.

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
I got my Monster in Marin, they were very cool...give you nice long test ride opportunities! And I got an excellent deal, too!

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
Scott,

Have you dealt with the one in Marin? What's the name of the one in Fresno? I seriously don't mind going further to get good service.
I only know of Ducati of Marin by reputation and a short conversation I had with the owner at a Motorcycle show. They have the right attitude and a great reputation. I wish they were closer.

Ducati and Triumph of Marin
540 Irwin Street
San Rafael, CA 94901
415 456 3345

The Fresno Dealer is Wilson's. Check their web site here:
http://www.wilsonsmc.com/

I bought my bike new from Wilson's when I couldn't find what I wanted at any of the Bay Area dealers back in 1997. I stopped by there a few weeks ago on July 5 when I was visiting my daughter in Fresno and I was reminded of why I like the dealership. They actually acted happy that I had stopped in, showed me the Multistrada they had on the floor, made me sit on it and one of the guys held it upright so I could get a good feel for the riding position, then they sent me home with one of the expensive color brochures about the bike. They clearly appreciate their customers. (I had the same good feelings when I had by bike serviced at Nichols manufacturing, too, by the way.)

I've visited more than one Bay Area dealer where they act annoyed that you're taking up their valuable time. Add a service department that generates a lot of complaints and you have a dealer that I don't want to support. The one closest to me clearly falls into that category.

R

·
0 Posts
I get most of my parts from Ducati of Marin. These guys seem great. Don't know about sales, but I was in the store on Friday and they have quite a few Monsters on the floor. You could probably get a great deal. They even have 2 S4r's and I think they have a left over s4 for under $8000.

S

·
0 Posts
glad to hear, im still a few months away :'( from my own buy but i live in west marin and plan on stopping by on tues to look around.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You guys are great! I'm planning on checking out Ducati Marin this week, I'm sure they'll be as good as you all say they are.

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Yeah, the Marin guys are great. Didn't buy my bike there, but get service & parts there. If they don't have the bike you want, another choice is Moto Meccanica in Santa Rosa - they seem like good people.

Streak - you live in W. Marin and no monster? That's painful, as I think the best m/c roads on the planet are out there. Post something here when you do get a bike and we'll go for a ride, OK?

R

·
0 Posts
I was just at Marin Ducati yesterday and the 2002 s4 is marked at a price $7695.00, I think it may have been $7895, but is was below $8k

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I finally got a chance to pay Ducati Marin a visit. Those guys are fantastic. Now I know where I'll be getting the monster! ;D

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
I printed this thread out and gave it to the guys at Ducati Marin - they got a big kick out of it.

Scott - they have a demo Multistrada you can take out for a ride. They didn't act like you'd need to leave your first born and bank statement to do it either.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
Scott - they have a demo Multistrada you can take out for a ride. They didn't act like you'd need to leave your first born and bank statement to do it either.
If I wasn't going to be out of the state the whole weekend, I would go pay them a visit. Actually, at the San Mateo motorcycle show last November, they invited me to come get a demo ride as soon as they got one in. I'll have to go visit them next week.

·
Registered
107 Posts
munroe is cool, marin has great pricesand cool staff, moto meccanica is a great mom and pop shop (i got mine there) if you want a great price wilsons cant be beat!nobody will match their prices ive tried.

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Just a note on Ducati of Marin...I was there a few weeks ago and they have changed ownership. I'm hoping this doesn't change things, but be aware!

·
Registered
455 Posts
I'm a big fan of Munroe Motors. The shop was purchased not that long ago by a couple of the guys that worked in service for years and everybody is really nice. I don't know about their pricing as I bought mine used from Ducati of Marin, but their service is really good and their parts prices seem very reasonable. Duc of Marin is cool too and the people there are great - my only complaint is service costs too much.

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
I too have had good luck at Munroe Motors. I bought my Monster 750 there. I just asked Nick to tell me the best OTD price that he could give me.

It was a little more than Wilsons, but I liked the fact that I didn't have to mess around with pricing, and that they introduced me to the mechanics (It turned out that I had gone to JC in San Diego with one of them) and that they told me how they set the bikes up to run right, including drilling out the plugs on the carbs and adjusting the idle and mixture.

Nick even called me on my bike's first birthday to check if I was happy after my first year.

--Fillmore

1 - 20 of 123 Posts