Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is the best place to buy discounted engines? I'm looking for modern Harley Panhead type, and am totally unfamiliar with the companies out there. I hear of S&S, V-Twin, and Harley.

What should I be looking for?

It needs to fit in a old 1948 replica wishbone frame for the Harley Panhead.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Since the bubble is ready to burst (or already has burst) on the custom chopper market, there will be quite a few shops having fire sales on parts. I know of a couple of shops local to me that sold their entire inventories recently for whatever they could get. I guess the tricky part is being at the right place at the right time. other than that, ebay usually has a lot of motors. and harley sells motors out of their accessory catalog.

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
b.h. said:
Since the bubble is ready to burst (or already has burst) on the custom chopper market, there will be quite a few shops having fire sales on parts. I know of a couple of shops local to me that sold their entire inventories recently for whatever they could get. I guess the tricky part is being at the right place at the right time. other than that, ebay usually has a lot of motors. and harley sells motors out of their accessory catalog.
Really? Thanks for the tip.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts