Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is oil screen/ pick-up gauze filter plug located? I thought is should be to the right of oil level sigh glass? Instead it looks like I have instrument panel temp. sensor in that place? See pic for detail. Is this sensor detachable? Thanks.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,966 Posts
The screen is where the sensor is, Remove the sensor and the nut then the screen is removed using a large allen key.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I'm not sure where it's located on your bike, but on my 696 it's very obvious. It takes a large hex key to open the cover. I think that mine is 14mm. Once the cover is off I use the same hex key to remove the filter screen. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
17 Posts
wmhayes is right, I had to clean mine last summer. you need to remove the sensor wire then the cover with the appropriate hex. Look inside about 2-3 inches and you should see it. I forget the size of the allen wrench you need, I'd have to check. Good luck in finding a large enough hex, I had to go to several stores to find one, it's a big one that usually isn't in stock. FYI, make sure to drain the oil first.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for responses! dumb question…how do you take the sensor off? Is it snap on or do I have to unscrew it?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks tiggerkai! that was easy...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I’m in Mt. Prospect, NW Chicago burbs…my Monster is still standing so I guess the quake wasn’t that bad….lol..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts