Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, this is my first Dainese jacket after a few Alpinestars, but I don't know where or what armor to use? There is space at the back area (quite small compare to Alpinestar), no space but velcros at the shoulder area?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
I have that jacket and it came with shoulder armor, yes, it velcroes in.
There is a dianese back protecter that fits in the pocket in the back, but barely.

·
Banned
7,484 Posts
Sure, as long as it fits in there ok.

If you're going to purchase separate armor, I can't recommend T-Pro strongly enough. It's better for crashing than any hard armor I've found. And, even better, it's more flexible and lot more comfortable for day to day use. The downside is that it's $$.

You can get someone to add additional velcro for cheap, to the shoulder (if you need), the elbows and the back if you want.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
how can I keep the shoulder armor in place when puting or taking off the jacket? With the Alpinestar, there is like a packet for the armor?

·
Banned
7,484 Posts
Does it have a liner? It should. Many jackets have velcro on the inside of the jacket on the leather. The armor stays in place with velcro when you're taking it on and off. The velcro also allows you to adjust the armor to fit properly. The liner is on top of that so that from inside out it goes: liner, armor, leather.

You should be able to get armor in there as is (I assume). Otherwise, you can You get almost any tailor to cut the liner (is there no way to get in thers?), glue or otherwise attach some velcro to the inside of the jacket so that you can install armor and then resew the liner. Shouldn't be expensive.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the velcro for shoulder armor is on the liner, and there are no opening near that area.

this jacket came with armor around the elbow area, is that suppose to be removable? I tried everything and there doesn't seem to be any opening or packets?

·
Registered
57 Posts
if the jacket is built anything like the dainese 8-track hanging up next to me, you have to unzip the liner to access the velcroed in shoulder pads, the zipper to the back pad is in the lower back area and the elbow armor removes via zipper in the sleeve, wayy down there by the back of your bicep.

the back-protector is worth the extra 75$, it improves the fit of the jacket in my opinion, because the jacket has a little extra wiggle-room to fit it.. it'll create a tighter fit in the back with results in less air catching the back collar and ballooning the jacket, pulling on your throat... I know because as soon as I rode with it in I didnt have that issue at all... it was minor but it annoyed.

also, if I were to crash-test the jacket-- knock on wood-- I'm happier knowing there is something between my valuable spine and the ground.

·
Registered
1 Posts
beautiful jacket! i'm looking to get the red one myself... did it ONLY come with elbow armor? from what I saw, the shoulders are included and the velcro is tough enough to hold while putting it on and off....

·
Registered
171 Posts
You can purchase the armor kit for $39 from many Dainese dealers found at www.dainese.com under "Store Locator"
Or you can purchase directly from the D-Store. Someone put the address up, but wrong number.

There should be a small zipper on the arms, on the inside of the jacket that allows for elbow armor.
If the elbow armor is already in place, but you cannot find a zipper, then that elbow armor is "stitched" in for a better fit, but the armor is not removeable.

If you have any more ?'s, PM anytime

Best Regards

Michael
Dainese D-Store Manager
1645 Superior Ave
Costa Mesa, Ca. 92627

1 - 11 of 11 Posts