Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently finishing up some customization to my 2001 Monster 900s and I came across this spring that is about an inch and a half long that tapers from one end at about 1/4 inch up to the other end which is about 3/8 of an inch in diameter. both ends are flat like it fits between two flat objects and its pretty heavy duty i would say (just guessing) it takes a good 15 or 20 pounds of pressure to get it to squish down much and it is black in color.

I definitely know its not a clutch spring since my clutch is working and they are much bigger and much more heavy duty. There is a possibility that because i have done all my work in my garage that it could go to something else all together but this isnt just some cheap spring, its made to handle some pretty high stress. I have search and searched but cant figure out where this thing goes. I would really hate to get it back on the road and have something bad happen to me or the bike after i put so much time into it. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts