Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you stop to get something to eat, do you bring your helmet with you? What if you go to a "Bike Night" at the local hangout?

Do any of you leave your helemt on your bike, use the helmet holder ect...? Sometimes I'll see 2 Arai replica helmets hangiing off a bike and all I see is a $1000 being held on by a chin strap. I'm always worried some punk is gonna come by and snag my lid.

H

·
0 Posts
I carry mine, unless I know everyone. Even some of the people I know can't be trusted!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Tough call.

At the local "Bike Night" I tend to carry it with me since I don't know most of the people at the bar.

For local Ducati club gatherings/events, we trust and know most members so we leave gear openly.

Go with your gut. Otherwise lock it up.

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
i always take it with me. nothing like coming back to your bike and finding out some drunk idiot pi$$ed in your lid :eek:

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
ROTFLMAO! I have to remember that.... I hang it on my back rearset usually.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Rolling On The Floor Laughing My A** Off

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
I wondered about that myself and usually amused myself making **** up. Guess i have to find another abreviation to work with 8)

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
Forgot to put my answer on the earlier post. If i 'm on the harley i set it on the seat.I guess nobody wants a old bell helmet ;D

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
carry it with... unless you're hanging around next to your motorcycle shootin the ****... then put it on the ground next to the side-stand close to the front wheel.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
you'd have to walk on down to the local 711 and get some disinfectant and flood the inside of the helmet then flush really good before putting it on.

·
Registered
294 Posts
At work I set mine on them mickey mouse mirrors. Other than at work I take mine with me.

·
Registered
294 Posts
At work I set mine on them mickey mouse mirrors. Other than at work I take mine with me.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I use a braided stainless cable and a small padlock to secure the helmet. Keeps the helmet from falling and deters the casual thieves.

Cable rolls up and fits in a pocket. I got the cable from Aerostich (www.aerostich.com) but I am sure you can find other sources.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts