Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for twin headlights for my 03 monster 620. I'd like to know what the different brands are and where online to look and price them. I'm really interested in the ones that Filmore has on his monster (Septembers featured bike I think). I believe those were listed as Powerbronze but I couldn't locate them online. Any help and opinions would be greatly appretiated. Thanks everybody.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Re: Where do I find twin headlights for my monster

spareshack.com has some pretty inexpensive ones that several DML members have used.

·
Premium Member
436 Posts

I just installed the ones from Spareshack. I love the look and it was a very simple mod pretty cheap too[smiley=waytogo.gif]

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Have you got any pics of it? I've just seen the picture on Spareshack.
When you have your lows on, does it light just one side and then both when the highs are on?
Do you think there is any more or less lighting provided than stock?

·
Premium Member
436 Posts

No pics yet... Both lights are lit all the time. I haven't ridden yet with them so I'm not sure about how bright they are compared to stock. My initial impression is they are brighter. I think there are some pics in the members section. I'll try a search and link if I find em.

·
Premium Member
436 Posts

Here you go. This is a shot of Daffe's bike these are the same lights.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts

I have the twin headlights from Spareshack. Stuart was great to work with and they were so easy to install, I was sorta disappointed! I was hoping for a fun day wrenching the bike one rainy Saturday but 20 minutes later all I could do is have a beer and admire the lights! A pic on my link below.

B

·
0 Posts

Most Sweet! (Must Have) [smiley=applause.gif]

S

·
0 Posts

just installed the spareshack twins myself. only 'problem' i had was the wiring. i had to get creative and move some of the connectors about. anyone have this same problem? if so, how did you clean it up?

J

·
0 Posts

Will these twins fit on my 99 monster ok?

I've had the bike for 3 days now and i'm already tired of that huge headlight. :p

S

·
0 Posts

those duals will mount right up. they use the stock mounting hardware. the "gotcha" in the wiring is the that the lines for the running lights don't plug-n-play on all models. i think the stock harness must've changed in '99 or something (guessing the year). many folks have reported the whole harness was plug-n-play, but for my s4, i had to do some splicing. when i installed mine, i bought a "pigtail" for the stock headlamp and spliced it into the duals so it could plug directly into the main wiring harness. easy as pie.

S

·
0 Posts

expand. . .

the spareshack lights plug into the 3-blade socket that your lamp would normally plug into. this kinda leaves it open to the elements from what i can tell. i thought about jamming it up into one of the lamp buckets, but couldn't get it to fit. i'm probably just going to buy a little mini-bikini faring just to cover up the electrics or get a 'project box' from radio shack to mount the stuff in.

the spareshack connectors for the parking lights are of a different variety than the stockers, but since i never use my parking lights, i just left them disconnected. i'll probably chop the connectors on the spareshack unit at some point and make them work, but it's not a priority.

there's also a plug/socket on the throttle side, i believe it's for the right-hand controls. i had to move this to get the spareshack unit to fit. it *looks* like there should be enough room for it (and the plug for the left-hand controls fits), but i couldn't get the headlights to mount without moving it. maybe i'll unmount them and try again.

hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
862 Posts

I want these.. I never thought I'd want to change the single light.. since it gives the bike that 'classic' look.. but these actually look good, are understated, and go well with the other elements of design on the bike.

Now I just gotta wait for the dollar (USD) to pick up against the Sterling so I can order these and the Sil Motor Megaphones I really want.. (I'm thinking high-mount.. so I don't look like a Daffe copy-cat since we live in the same general area..)

S

·
0 Posts

electrical tape it is, then. cheaper than a project box or a front fairing. ;)

J

·
0 Posts

Yes ... I took my front fairing off today. the CF look had faded away and looked horrible. I figured the bike would look more "naked" without it. It does.

·
Premium Member
2,051 Posts

I like those, but I like the ones on ducati.com. They're a little bigger in diameter. I wonder where those are from?

W

·
0 Posts

are there any dual headlights with projectors?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts